One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
RodrigoViali
520 Posts
Re: ace new product: MAC V SOG "BlackJack" (#13005)

Sweet defenetely a buy....I am been waiting for long time for those parts thanks ace :bravo

·
Wild Bunch Customs
807 Posts

Those "sterile" AR pouches!!!! Sweet figure, ace is on a roll!!!!

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts

Looks so odd to me,

The body is too bulky and the head is too small. No real bash potential either as the gear will be way too baggy on any other body.

Nice try though...

CHEERS!

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts

That head would be perfect for a modern bash - I see a lot of "bearding" potential with him.
SOG-modified OG-107's, sterlie CIA ammo pouches, CAR-15 with forward grip, and - my biggest thing - a CISO ruck. Lot of great SOG parts here :D
Hoping they'll do the "real" Blackjack in the future!

·
RodrigoViali
520 Posts

Bad or good still another nam figure....so so I am happy:woohoo

G

·

That HS looks way too weird. Big face with small features. The proportion is way off.

·
i draw pictures.....
2,045 Posts

apperantly some people seem to think we all have perfectly proportioned faces/heads and forget this is a world of imperfections LoLLLOL...the head rocks to me! that's all i want and the boots!!!! we don't have enough of these 'action' shout sculpts imho!

peace out
Miguel

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts

While in theory I welcome more Nam stuff, so far all of ACE's recent Nam releases have been special forces. I don't do special forces, and none of the parts are things I need either. No helmets, no M16s, no lightweight rucks with frame. Now that would be useful. As it is, this is just frustrating.

·
Wild Bunch Customs
807 Posts

The headsculpt reminds me of ST1's Barry Enoch. I've seen pictures of SOG guys, I believe a 1-0 School photo, that had a guy with a similar haircut. Great figure, excited about all these 'Nam releases from ACE.

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts

While in theory I welcome more Nam stuff, so far all of ACE's recent Nam releases have been special forces. I don't do special forces, and none of the parts are things I need either. No helmets, no M16s, no lightweight rucks with frame. Now that would be useful. As it is, this is just frustrating.
Wait, no M16? The ACE Special Forces Project Delta B-52 comes with a M16A1 and the XM-177E2 from the earlier MACV/SOG was also used by regular grunts, same with both LBEs that came with the figure, not to mention the ARVN Backpack was used by US Forces a lot as well, so I dont see what the problem here is.

Anyway, interesting figure, no idea if I want one of those but the gear looks neat. As for the head: Its odd how if they make "realistic" heads in the sense that they look like normal everyday or below average people, that complains are raised that its ugly. I mean, not everyone looks like Brad Pitt after all.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts

The Ammo Pouches are undersized, so are the Hot/Wet Survival kit pouches on the rear. You can look at Casual Collectors pics on this thread and see the difference.. It's a bummer I would love to have those items..

I'm so happy to have anything Vietnam released and thus have been reluctant to be too critical, but I have to voice some complaints. These ACE figures are as expensive as any DAM or Soldier Story Figure, the bodies suck, they don't come with as much gear, the scale is either undersized or oversized on some of the items, the weathering is way out of hand. And the overall fit and finish on some of these items I have gotten has been a little shoddy.

·
Registered
126 Posts

It's good to see ACE making NAM Figures. I like the Equipment and will buy loose parts. The head is nothing for me but every new NAM Figure is welcome. I think it's a good solid Figure. Please now an Figure with with ERDL Uniform, leightweight rucksack frame and M16 with first type flash
surpressor.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts

Agreed....the ammo & the hot/wet survival pouches are definitely undersize.....I really appreciate Ace putting out U.S Vietnam era figures but if they are going all out to get customers cash and charge the same prices as DAM & Soldier Story then they should be putting in a bit more effort on getting the basic accessories in scale...... having bought the previous two I think it'll be passing on this one.....unless..... they pull off a DID manoeuvre and rework those pouches before it's released.
Chelseaboy

1 - 20 of 69 Posts