One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Here are several pictures of the ACE M4 MRE from SFOD set that I did. I never liked the solid moulded RAS, so this was what I decided to change on this rifle. I was able to disassamble ACE M4 to a point where I can work with it.

It's hard to see on the pictures, but rifle now has a full length barrel and gas blowback tube. I also gave it a new paint job. When I started weathering, small accident happened with too much paint going on rifle happened. Since it wasn't all that bad, I simply decided to make rifle look more weathered - I wonder if anyone will be able to catch where the spill happened:)

Cheers,

Alexei

Attachments

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Nicely done Alexei, the drybrushing looks good and your presentation style reminds me of images from the recent shot show. Look forward to your PJ getting his new toy ;)

·
Banned
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been wanting to do something like this. Did you use styrene for the barrel and gas tube, and if so, what sizes?
I actually used metal rods to do both, barrel and gas blowback tube. Next time I might use styrene for the barrell, but since gas blowback tube is never straight, thin metal rod is the way to go since you can bend it.

For barrel I used brass metal tube, diameter 1/8. I think it's a just too big, go with one size down - 3/32.

Gasblowback tube is aluminum. It says on packaging .032 - I think it was 1/32, but it was a while ago and I do not remember now.

Also, you will need a set of drills to drill the hole out (duhhh lol). Start with 1/8 drill and gradually work your way up until outer wall of RAS is thin and going with a bigger drill will potentially damage it.

Cheers,

Alexei

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.