One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This has appeared today here at Toyhaven blog (more pictures). Looks like AC Play has beat Hot Toys to it. Wonder if HT will produce their version as mentioned by their boss previously on the One Sixth Republic's facebook.

Acplay ATX027 1/6 Scale Cat Lady Action Figure

Part list:
Head x1
Female action figure body x1
Leather Catsuit x1
Hands x3 pairs
Knout x1
High boots x1
Figure Stand x1

·
Registered
968 Posts
Promo pics look great. I still wish (whichever company) a second head sculpt will come with this-one of Michelle Pfeiffer with crazy, runny make-up and wild hair.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Yeah I've seen those. I agree they're not spot on, but better than the customs I've seen for this figure (and didn't Kumik make a go at these?).

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Mmm, when they're still using Hotmail for emails you wonder what kind of outfit they have going. Microsoft do not maintain those servers anymore and they're open to all and sundry to hack with junk. I switched from them to Outlook in 2015 as I kept getting loads of junk through my Hotmail account. I'd be wary of contacting them via that address.

Not a bad looking figure all the same...

CHEERS!

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,926 Posts
ACPLAY . . . you either accept them/like them . . . or just tolerant of them.

They produced a few interesting replica offerings based on HT offerings. IMHO, they're C+ to B+ in terms of design, quality, and value of the money instead of paying obscene high prices for the real deal HT offerings.

They took bit of a quality hit a year or so ago when the final production head sculpts they solicited and advertised using the real HT offerings looked like $%^& and it turned off some of the vendors who previously carried their products.

As for this CATWOMAN offering, it'll probably be better than the God awful offering from KUMIK.

I'm not too thrilled about SUPERMADTOYS version either. That company is questionable. They partnered up or have been supported by one prolific 1:6 vendor in China/Asia and don't even bother dealing with any US based distributors.

The ACPLAY version in terms of price in negligible. Just don't demand/expect HT design and quality.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I made the plunge and pre-ordered this. I really hope the outfit does not deteriorate and fall apart after sometime, as poor quality imitation leather look-a-like suits do in the past.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
My Catwoman has arrived today! Finally a Michelle Pfeiffer - Batman Returns version!

The 2 Catwomen together!

I hope the pleather will last.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,926 Posts
My Catwoman has arrived today! Finally a Michelle Pfeiffer - Batman Returns version!

The 2 Catwomen together!

I hope the pleather will last.
--

At least until you forget about it and decide you got your $ worth out of the figure in terms of display.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
--

At least until you forget about it and decide you got your $ worth out of the figure in terms of display.
Oh I like this figure very much. I think the HS is a very good one, in this category, compared to the competitors. And the whole outfit looks good. The pleather suit controls the articulation though, within limits, particularly the leg poses. The crotch area of the pants hangs a little loose, as I couldn't raise it any higher to tighten it. That doesn't show in the way I posed the figure. On the whole, I think it's a great figure, especially from AC Play. One that I have been waiting for, of this quality, for a while. And I'm glad I didn't have to pay HT prices!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts