One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie with medicom product. So I wanna ask few thing about them.
I've seen a medicom product labeled with: Made in China. Is there any possibility that this not an original Medicom product?
I, myself pre-ordered MGS 4 RAH Raiden, so I'm really curious about this. thanks...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi bro, not to worry as medicom products are mass produced in China even though they charged us as though they are made in Japan but i understand only the designing part is done in japan whereas every item is produced in China..Hope it helps to allay your worries :)

·
Collector
164 Posts
Like the rest have said, quality is alright.
If you compare now and lets say 10 years ago, they definitely have improved over the years.

The only thing that really matters is the QC standard. It kinda differs from factory to factory.

Eg. Sideshow statues; there are always some broken statues that continue to elude the QC staff and shipped to customers all over the world.

·
Divine Intervention!
3,026 Posts
The folks are correct. Most, if not all, of the 1/6 we see on our shelves are made in China. But you can't say that made in China stuffs are low quality. Low manufacturing cost maybe, but not all are low quality... really depends on the brand owner how stringent are they with their product's quality requirement.
Unfortunately for Medicom, I think they just couldn't care a hoot about quality. I have bought many Medicom figures but they are far from having good quality. Glue stains on clothings, a very slunted glued belt buckle, crooked antenna (for Kamen Riders :p though can be remedied), bad paint job (for my Ultramens!) & a few other little nuisances. I think they really need to put a lot more attention to these quality issues when we are paying a very high price for each figure, I reckon we deserved much better then these.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Because of high population, the price of Labor is cheap in China more than anywhere else in the world, which is good for everyone.
Almost everything now is Made in China. Quality is not a factor here as there are many products that you have right now that are top-notch, durable and are high quality that came out...

"Made in China".

Remember, Chinese people are descendants of a great race of legendary people who actually led real quality lives full of passion.

Great teachers of the world came from China. They have Kung-Fu Hands that are fashioned after sharpness and accuracy in details that can work wonders in many ways and do so while cooking great tasting chinese dishes...in a matter of seconds.

To say, Made in China equals low quality is plain ignorance...

...blame the Quality Control and the Brand.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Take it Snake627 is Chinese lol.

Standard of goods in China have improved a lot over the years with better machinery and better modern working ethinics. Most modern toys are good quality, tough I have a few old Hot Toys figures which had faults to it.

So no worries about purchasing Medicom items, even though they're changed at raped price.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The folks are correct. Most, if not all, of the 1/6 we see on our shelves are made in China. But you can't say that made in China stuffs are low quality. Low manufacturing cost maybe, but not all are low quality... really depends on the brand owner how stringent are they with their product's quality requirement.
Unfortunately for Medicom, I think they just couldn't care a hoot about quality. I have bought many Medicom figures but they are far from having good quality. Glue stains on clothings, a very slunted glued belt buckle, crooked antenna (for Kamen Riders :p though can be remedied), bad paint job (for my Ultramens!) & a few other little nuisances. I think they really need to put a lot more attention to these quality issues when we are paying a very high price for each figure, I reckon we deserved much better then these.
yes, and no different with Raiden.
the worst is glue stains around armpit. it ripped off the vinyl suit when I lift up his arm.
and the chin part..... it's not placed carefully, so it looks a bit unbalanced.

but alas, I really like my Raiden figure despite all of that :thumb

1 - 13 of 13 Posts