One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Kitbash MacGyver
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinda had a good chuckle on this one. Recently I've got a burr up my wazoo to get some of the SST Twilight zone and Outer Limits figures I'd passed up on a few years back. Before looking about on Ebay or whatnot I thought I'd go to Michael Crawford's reviews and see what he had to say about these figs, and in the overall value department the question comes up if the figures are worth the $30-$35 dollars or not (sometimes pushing the edge at $60-$70 for the two-figure sets such as the Doctor and Nurse from The Eye Of The Beholder Twilight Zone set).......son-of-a! I'd kill to have the prices hovering at those "atrocious heights" again...lol! So....remember when?......

· Kitbash MacGyver
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah, most certainly worth it in most cases...point I'm making is that I'd like to quibble over a figure being worth $30-$35 again...the good ol' days, eh?

· Kitbash MacGyver
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking about good ol' Franky meself recently rogerbee...I bought mine at a local TRU for $25...as well as most of the early horror stuff from SST at Electronics Boutique(London After Midnight vampire, and Nosferatu fig if I remember right). All great licensed figures with accessories for less than $30....

· Kitbash MacGyver
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nobody's complaining HR1...just reminiscing. I pity the person who paid that much money for loose articles of clothing...as hard-up as I was to have WW2 Germans in my collection I never even would have considered it. I remember that toy newspaper as well...can't remember the name either...but it wasn't promoting that kind of stuff either or much before TUS and DML hit the shelves. I also remember classifieds in the back of that publication looking to sell toys/customizing services for way more than they were ever worth....they usually depended upon the desperation of the buyer. Once again...nobody's complaining...just reminiscing.

· Kitbash MacGyver
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unfortunately, the word "had" is the operative term rogerbee...lol! I went in not long ago and the manager told me that at one point they were clearancing figures more than they were anything else. With the exception of one privately owned shop here in Indianapolis and maybe the occasional comic shop that gets "daring" there are no brick-n-mortars to go to for 1/6 figs (especially after the Suncoast chain dried up). Ouch...all this reminiscing is starting to make me wince...lol!

· Kitbash MacGyver
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Man, I really miss going into a Target and digging through the SOTW stuff! I must have a ton of their jeeps...one of my favorites is their SAS version. SOTW's last few outfit sets were really well done...especially the Nam stuff. Thanks for going pc Target...you bastitches!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.