One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The current techs don't seem to be able to figure out the problem, they would like more input.

IF you are able to upload pics in the gallery, at this time, chime in.

I cannot at the moment, but it has gotten so chaotic, maybe others can.

For that matter, chime in if you cannot.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Nope. Have not been able to for several months now.

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
It's working fine for me and has been for awhile. I just uploaded this image:

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'm able to upload images to an existing album.

This image is 657 KB if that helps.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,823 Posts
As far as the upload goes, it works for me.

Uploaded using Mozilla Firefox 42.0 on Windows 7 desktop with the current/latest version of Java.

·
12,823 Posts
A second test and it still works.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for participating.

Not working for me, but I am dialed in to full turkey mode, so I do not care.

·
Registered
486 Posts
well, I haven't posted anything to the galleries, all my old pics were gone(?) but I just uploaded a pic, no problem to my gallery, of course, I can't figure out how to attach it to this reply though:think

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, a number of those functions, including some admin editing, seem to be mucked up.

Gerald came up with a fix, renaming a pic, by adding _jpg to the name.

In this case, I renamed thinker(.jpg) to thinker_jpg, per Gerald's instructions. It uploaded.

Why don't we just... wait here for a little while... see what happens?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I have no problems posting photos on threads, its my avatar I can seem to change mine no matter what I try, has anyone been able to change theirs recently??

·
12,823 Posts
I have no problems posting photos on threads, its my avatar I can seem to change mine no matter what I try, has anyone been able to change theirs recently??
--

Find another member you trust and see if they can possibly update your avatar through their PC using your credentials if you're that desperate.

Given the ongoing problems, it could be desktop environment fickleness and/or naming format of the file you're attempting to upload.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, I reported the avatar issue as well.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
--

Find another member you trust and see if they can possibly update your avatar through their PC using your credentials if you're that desperate.

Given the ongoing problems, it could be desktop environment fickleness and/or naming format of the file you're attempting to upload.
Thanks for the tip, however I am a member on many forums and have changed my avatar on all except this one, I have tried every trick I can think of and have also followed the guide lines that this forum requires. I could be missing something, that's why I asked if anyone has been able to do recently to see if its just me or the forum.

This is what I want to change to, to show my support for the GG Jumbo Joes!

Yeah, I reported the avatar issue as well.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Per a communication from the Head Shed, the following (somewhat abreviated):

The image upload and posting issues are blamed on PhotoPost, in particular that they no longer update their software.

A new software tool will be purchased and installed. It is supposed to take care of our current needs and beyond.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts