One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
USAF GI Joe
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A1C Woodhill is the squadron weenie that transports the pilots to their aircraft...

An Army jeep by Formative I tore apart and painted USAF "Strata Blue". I added a radio, signal light, tool-box, fire extiguisher and hand cut stars. I think it turned out alright.

I hope y'all like it...

·
USAF GI Joe
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Very cool! However... I think it would be best to put the Fire Extinguisher -inside- the vehicle... just my 2 bits.
Yeah I thought about that but it's kinda small inside the jeep plus it's easy to grab by flight-line personell for small fires like ground equipment. I do need to make a bottom support for it though...

I added some better detail pics.

·
USAF GI Joe
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AH. the flighline memories. I love the USAF uniform. Where did you get it? Great Job.

Jon
irish029
I'm pretty sure it was a Formative SOTW uni, it has velcro on the back of the pants (like poor Ken's clothes). It's the only one I have ever seen. When I enlisted we wore the perma-press fatigues but they were phasing out the blue and white stripes/tapes and switching to subdued (1980).

Thanks for the look!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.