One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks, I packed my Grunts up and took them outside for the first time today.

I got rained on pretty heavily a couple of times, though it was still fun. I would have stayed out longer and shot a scene of them waiting for a dust-off, but the crotch of my pants split all the way to my knee, so I felt I should head back to the house, haha.
Next time I'll look into some rubber boots, and rigging up some wires or something to help get better standing poses and more dynamic shots. It should also help make the figures more stable, because it can be a pain in the butt when the breeze, or loss of balance, causes some figures to face-plant just before I press the shutter on the camera.

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot! I debated putting them in but once one lost its balance and took two others with him, I figured that decided it for me.

·
Amazon Warrior
510 Posts
That was very awesome. As I looked at the pics I kept thinking "Tall grass....tigers" and in the water "Crocodile" great pics :^_)

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
There is nothing to top outdoor photos like yours , and you were very brave getting them dirty :applause , if I can make some suggestions with no intent to offend because your pics are cool , I wonder if you noticed how much the guy in the red bandanna stands out in some of your photos ? Could be worth sticking a helmet on him over the bandanna when he is out in the bush , I would try and get lower with your camera , I know this would have been very hard in the wet and deeper water . I hope you get to get outside with them again soon . The weathered faces look top notch , would like some close ups of those , and perhaps an insight to how you done them . A pleasure to view them Pickle Monkey .

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Like I said on FB, great shots. Take some bamboo skewers and chop sticks with you, stick 'em in the dirt/mud, and up a pant leg or thru a belt. Admit it tho, it's fun to watch the other grunts laugh at the guy who goes face in.

·
DO NOT READ THIS SENTENCE
2,235 Posts
Great shots!
The water pics are brilliant :)

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
Love seeing the figures in the 'elephant grass', but the shots of them in the water are even better!

Makes me want to grab mine and go and do something outside again.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts