One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite some time back I seem to remember a manufacturer releasing a U.S modern figure with an unusual desert Marpat/digital camo jacket, the arms where in the camouflage material but the body and part of the arms (over the Marpat/digital) where in a cream colour leather type material....I remember someone mentioning in one of the posts that the 1.1 jacket was a private purchase.... I cannot remember which figure it was or which company made the 1.1, going by this really lame description if anyone can come up with the answer I will be utterly amazed by your knowledge and wisdom of all things 1/6th Modern U.S!! :thumb, TIA.

Something in the back of mind keeps churning up Flagset but I doubt it.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Indeed he has......I honestly thought no one would have any chance of working it out from my description.....Mathew2388....I'm in awe !!....well done, now....has anyone ever seen a 1.1 of this Gryphon jacket and is it possible to actually buy one ?......are there any photos of it in use ?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Darn.....I need one in 1.1 scale......at least I just managed to snag one in 1/6th loose, thanks for sharing the photo AdamC.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Darn.....I need one in 1.1 scale......at least I just managed to snag one in 1/6th loose, thanks for sharing the photo AdamC.
Might be a tough one to track down in 1:1. In Mark Owen's writings on the piece he mentions it being a prototype. There are some other reference photos of newer variations of the Gryphon in multicam, I think one of the CAG guys. The Arcteryx gear tends to go through all sorts of short runs, but if memory serves they moved that design to a pullover style due to complaints about the zipper under plate carriers. The AOR1 gear is always tough to find a real 1:1 given the restrictions on the pattern as well. Pretty cool piece.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info AdamC, I guess there's no chance of finding one in Medium then....ah well, never mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts