One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A big thanks has to go out to LaughingGravy2. Armand did an amazing job in a relatively short time. His GIANT dio was stunning in it's detail and execution. And thanks to everyone that committed and came through with an incredible number of figures to put in it.

So, thanks Armand for doing such a great job.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Straight up!!!I am still amazed by that telephone pole!!

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
No wonder he just laughed when I asked if could fashion or make a Battle Axe for me.. If he made that thing and it was awsome my favorite was the blown up car... He could make a battle axe on his lunch break... Big ups to you Mr.Gravy Outstanding work... Oh by the way I'm making a bash [military.. a stretch for me] to board that Helicopter

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
Yes good job LG, kinda funny to see one of my figures in a dio several thousand miles away :D

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Hey how about everyone sound off on which figs were yours so we know who did what.

Mine were the 2 flightsuit Marines(the AA and the caucasian right next to each other)and the Corpsman in the MARPAT with the black pack

·
God Bless America
1,529 Posts
The dio was unbelievable!! The details were amazing! Watching him put it together after all the pieces were inside was like watching a great architect at work.

Here's a pic of the mastermind himself:

And here are my figs:

E-Ring Memorial SF gunner.

Navy SEAL/USMC Force Recon

SF on the right. Don't know who owned the figure on the left, but it closely matched my figure. Same uni and gear. Like it was a team project.

And thanks to all those that came through! :banana

·
Registered
79 Posts
That was my SF figure on the left (kneeling). I also had the figure drinking the cup of coffee in the doorway, next to my dirt bike. Two other figures that were on the table were the SF figure on the rooftop with the SR25 and the other was the Brit behind the hummer in the shadows pulling his hood over his head calling in close air support on USMCChet's hummer. Just kidding. Everyone did a great job, especially Armand. He deserves all the credit for the entire display. Without his great work, our pieces would simply be laying on the table. A sincere thank you to Armand.

For those of you who weren't able to attend, let me say, the pictures don't do the display justice. Armand handmade everything from the blocks, to the grating on the front of the building to the hinges on the garage door. I realize that everything else was handmade, but the detail was fantastic. You had to be there to take it all in. Once I figure out how to post video I will do so. I've got 4 videos from different angles, to include a few walk thru at figure height of the dio.

·
Welcome to my Life....
1,081 Posts
Awesome dio, wish i could have seen it in person, Props to you LG, you never cease to amaze me brother.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Thanks so much LG! Even from the pictures, the detail and craftmanship are simply amazing!

And hey Aaron, my figure was right next to yours!

Yeah Don(Migo11)told me.That is one fine looking Marine sir.I wish you could post more pics of that guy.

·
Banned
1,372 Posts
My favorite parts of the dio were his purple metal gate, the green metal garage door, and of course the telephone poles. Despite the fact that he could not weather the car like he wanted to, it was an amazing piece as well.

If he does what he says he is going to do, I can't wait to see his dio for next years competition.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts