1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Next it'll be "Paris Has Fallen.....and she can't reach her iphone".......:lol

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
And it will be named "Olympus has fallen even more!" ?

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
No, the links informed us that it will be called "London Has Fallen"........

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Local film critics were talking today about "Ender's Game" looking like it wouldn't get a sequel, due to poor box office. "Olympus Has Fallen" is apparently considered more worthy, despite it's record? There must be some kind of big tax write off, or something. A buddy who's tried to sell scripts, and has seen some of the system in Hollywood, paints a pretty surrealistic picture of that industry. To me, the amazing thing is that good films still manage to get made.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I enjoyed OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN significantly more than WHITE HOUSE DOWN even though the latter may have a better & bigger budget, but the former IMHO was a better action film. I know some friends who felt the other way around.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
I'd rather have more action movies with Butler than Tatum or Foxx.
Tatum is better at the Jumpstreet flicks.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Box office was $161m for a budget of $70m. That's good enough for Hollywood. The reviews may have been mixed, but i don't think anyone expected anything less.

I've not seen it myself yet , but it looks like it belongs in the "Dumb, but Fun" category. Nothing wrong with a bit of escapism every now and again. I loathe pretentious movie critics, who don't understand that not all movies have to be serious or thought provoking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts