One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just over a month ago, (I apologise if this has been posted previously) a little known company produced the 1st RC WW2 Willys Jeep. From the videos and images shown at launch, I do think the detailing is pretty good. A bit of weathering and throw in some 1/6 accessories and props, it'll definitely look good. Well maybe the ww2 Gis now have a chance to get out of the display cases for some much needed fresh air.

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 7.49.28 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 7.49.17 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 7.50.13 PM.jpg
video and more here

·
Registered
211 Posts
Its from ROC Hobby I believe, a 1/6th scale motorized Jeep. This thing is very neat but looking at the details its nowhere close in accuracy to the DML Jeep. Still its neat. Ive been wondering if the chassis would fit underneath the DML body?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its from ROC Hobby I believe, a 1/6th scale motorized Jeep. This thing is very neat but looking at the details its nowhere close in accuracy to the DML Jeep. Still its neat. Ive been wondering if the chassis would fit underneath the DML body?
There are a few hardcore 1/6 RC modders who added the drive shafts, shocks and transmitters from 1/8 RC crawlers to the much loved Dragon body shells with great looking results. And yes I think it's possible to just get the RC shocks, shafts, motors and transmitters to the existing Dragons but you go need to hack and saw away some of the chassis to fit in the parts.

Just google 1/6 jeep on youtube and you find a few pretty good samples. :)

·
I've been Minimoyzed
13,958 Posts
It's definitely not accurate as far as the under carriage goes, or original suspension and such.

That said, I have seen 3 different videos of it being used, and it's a very capable RC. One of the videos shows the guy just thrashing it and flipping it, and rolling it over. No parts even broke off in the whole video. That is pretty impressive itself really. It has more of a crawler type suspension, and it works really well on that Jeep.

Old school appearance, with modern running gear. Win-win if you want to use it. Not so much if you want accuracy to the era for sure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's definitely not accurate as far as the under carriage goes, or original suspension and such.

That said, I have seen 3 different videos of it being used, and it's a very capable RC. One of the videos shows the guy just thrashing it and flipping it, and rolling it over. No parts even broke off in the whole video. That is pretty impressive itself really. It has more of a crawler type suspension, and it works really well on that Jeep.

Old school appearance, with modern running gear. Win-win if you want to use it. Not so much if you want accuracy to the era for sure.[/QUOTE]

There are leaf springs available in the RC category. Not 100% accurate but at least you won't see the spring shocks on the jeep.

Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 5.02.35 PM.png

4pcs 1/10 leaf springs set highlift chassis for 1/10 d90 rc crawler car parts black Sale - Banggood.com-arrival notice|Shopping Southeast Asia

1 - 10 of 10 Posts