One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a motorbike of the brand motormax and it's a Honda valkyrie 1/6 scale but it had some parts missing. It's the upper part of the rear suspension. Luckily I had the materials to make the missing parts with. :thumbWhat I do not have is the spring that fit exactly in the suspension just a pair of springs coming from a Tamia 1/16 scale Sherman. They work though but i want them where they belong.

So where can i find springs with the measurement outer diameter aprox 5/16 inch, inner diameter approx 1/4 inch and the lenght of about 11/16 inch? :think The outer diameter is only a max measure though but the inner diameter must be so close it can.

I hope someone can solve this dilemma for me. :thumb

:hat

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Try an RC shop. They sell separate parts for the scratch builder's.
Yup, that's how I'd approach it too! :thumb

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
I would say an RC shop as well but you could always try a good hardware store. I say good because i dont think homedepot would work.

you need a place that carries the odd type stuff. i have had good results from home hardware. there are a few independants as well...

my springs on my bren carrier can from dollar store toy guns...so that might be an alternative ...thinking outside the box..

oh, springs from hardware store for my bren $25, toy guns $11. same springs...:thumb

·
Registered
199 Posts
Try emailing the company that made the motorcycle. I once bought a 1/6 scale kit that was missing some pieces, the company (Revell, IIRC) sent me replacements free.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was a few really good answers! :thumb Never thought about a RC shop but i can always count on a few good answers here. :thumb
:bravo

:hat

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,084 Posts
Do a search for spring manufacturers online. You might get exactly what you need. And may not have to buy in bulk.

I was thinking of doing this myself, because I am about to get rolling on some custom stuff and need some specific sized springs also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.