One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever released a 1/6 scale "Classic" cyberman in any format?

I know that the ybermen from the original series have come out recently, but I was hoping to get one of the older versions from the time of the fifth - seventh doctors.

So how about it? Any figures, model kits, hell, even bottle openers that I could use as the basis for a bash?

Thanks for any and all help,

Colin

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
This may be of interest to you :)
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79167&highlight=cybermen
Edit: My apologies if they're the incorrect type, I'm not familiar with anything before the 9th/10th new Doctor Who series anymore, though these guys look kind of cool, they seem to break from the usual Cybermen form as far as google showed me.

Shatner's Toupee also appears to be a very avid classic Dr Who fan, as well as Rogerbee and Trevor22a, maybe they could help shed some further light.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the kind that I was hoping to add to my collection. I thought that if I could find the helmet and the chestplate, from any source, then i could use a DML body plus a silver jumpsuit to make the rest.

Closest I've found so far is a 7" talking model. I'm going to keep look though, maybe theres a bubble bath bottle, a biscuit tin, something, anything that I could cut that helent and chest away from.

Colin

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Actually no, they haven't shelved them, as far as I'm aware the Tom Baker and Classic Cyberman will be coming out, but as statues not figures. Whether they will be Master Replicas or Product Enterprise remains to be seen. My advice would be to buy Tom and cast the head and make your own custom from it.

I could be wrong, but, Character may have a Classic license so proper figures can't be ruled out.

CHEERS!

·
Furious Genius
1,973 Posts
Hi, A company called Character Options, Ltd. of the UK (actually manufactured in China) produced the recent Dr. Who figures. Their website is: http://www.character-online.com/, they are distributed in the US by Underground Toys of California. They have produced the 12" Cybermen used in the current series, as you say you already are aware. These are very hard to come by, if at all. You may want to sign up for updates on new products or write Character Options customer service department directly to find out about any possibility of a Cyberman from the years you mentioned.

There is a 9" talking figure of a "Black Cybertrooper", which is the basic Cyberman in black, and a classic silver one. Produced by Unusual Collectibles, they're available online. Looking at the crude bash-it-together nature of the Cyberman you want to create I really don't think it would be that difficult to scratch build one yourself. You can easily form the face from Sculpey or even just plastic pieces. Just glue plastic shapes over a "face" for eye brows, nose and mouth; cut a couple of holes for eyes and back with opaque plastic, cut a another hole for the mouth opening. Make the finned sides of the helmet by gluing together plastic card with thinner card between each "fin" (like making a radiator), then when dry sand the whole thing to shape or you can cut each piece to shape before assembly. The breast plate and other items on the costume look very basic and simple to again sculpt in Sculpey or to piece together from scraps of plastic card and bits and pieces from around the house, hardware and automotive stores. There are GI Joe silver boots that would work very well as the Cyber-boots.

Thought you may get a kick out of this poster, done after the "Reservoir Dogs" poster called "Reservoir Bots":

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
A company called "Sevans" made Peter Davison era cybermen kits, but they were 15 inches tall apparently. A bit over 1/6 scale. Product Enterprises is planning to release 2 statues of Tom Baker era cybermen. As noted these were going to be action figures (I really wanted that Tom), but someone had a brilliant idea that statues costing 3 times as much would be better sellers! I don't really expect them to see the light of day, however. I don't think PE will generate much interest and they dangled the figure versions for nearly 3 years before cancelling. But..I'm not bitter...

"Shatner's Toupee" was trying to get interest up to get a very good sculptor to make copies of his excellent 1/6 statue that could be used to customize cybermen figures, but the start-up cost was a bit much and he got no takers. He has the details.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies everyone.

I can't believe that PE shelved the figures and brought them out as statues. Oh well, maybe someone, some day will do a decent job of the characters.

Colin

·
Furious Genius
1,973 Posts
I got an email this AM about a new website for 1/6 head sculpts. There's a good Tom Baker sculpt if anyone is interested in doing a bash of the good Doctor.
The site is: www.wantedactionfigure.com. It's Ada Chan's new online store, she does very good work, I have several of her head sculpts.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wm Shatner's Toupee commissioned that Tom Baker sculpt from Ada. I'm currently sewing a VERY limited number of Tom Baker outfits to help fund future Who commissions. If folks are interested, I can post more info when I have pics to post. Until then, you can see some of my previous Doctor Who sewing projects here:
Vikki's Website: Fabric of Time & Space

If folks want to help out, they can buy Tom Baker heads through Wm Shatner's Toupee. IIRC, it only costs an extra $10 vs. Ada's eBay/website prices - but that extra ten bucks helps to make future head sculpts more likely. There are more details in this thread:
Doctor Who sculpt Commission thread (2nd Doc, Jamie, Season 18 4th Doc)

Wm Shatner's Toupee also recently commissioned a Leela head sculpt from Ada as well. I'm currently looking for suitable fabric to make some Leela Leather Leotards for sale to help to fund future Who head sculpt commissions. Here are some pics of Leela outfits I've made previously:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.