One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
master sculptor
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As an avid POTA fan,I have all 3 of the HT Gorillas,and was always a little disappointed that HT re-used the soldier face for the Capt.After a lot of thought,I decided to do something about it.I'd read that popping the face off was relatively easy,so I gave it a shot,and it popped right off.A large file changed the hairline,and my Dremmel took down the muzzle.Magic-Sculpt did the rest...

the new sculpt...

Painted...

And set in place.Turned out very nice,and since it will stay in place by itself,I can remove it easily if a mold should be needed.
I have dubbed the new face"Cassius",while the original is "Brutus".Seem like good"pseudo-Roman"gorilla names to me.Pity HT never continued this line...PS

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
VERY impressive work, wax murderer!

I too wish Hot Toys had continued the line, an orang or two and some chimps would have been nice. Unfortunately, I didn't get the General when he was available, and the prices these figures go for now is obscene.

Thanx for sharing this!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
--what jessica said..sweet work..

·
Registered
605 Posts
Nice work. The planets of apes really shows that we are'nt so far related from the apes as we think!

:hat

·
master sculptor
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A few pix of my recent Ebay score..

This iOS a latex pour from one of the original gorilla appliance molds...

I can't decide if this is a copy of a copy,or just a 45 year old mold showing its's age.Either way,it's seriously cool.I intend to back-fill it,paint it to like a finished appliance and mount it on a wood plaque,perhaps with an engraved brass description tag.Should make a nice display piece,as it's really not suitable to use as an "active"piece...PS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts