One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Just came back from Tokyo (again) last Sunday, where I spent most of December, and the rest of 2007 in. I had the chance again, of meeting up with my friend Ray, who goes by the username mgbb here. No introductions needed, right? ;) :b

This was my fourth meeting with him in a year actually, which, as I always mention, is more than I see some of my other friends in Singapore! :lol Anyhow, meeting up with him was a highlight of my trip. All the great figures that he had showcased on the board previously? Yup, I had the fantastic honour of being able to see them up close. And they look even better than they did online! I had a blast discussing with him the finer points of Photoshop, his WIP and upcoming projects, and anime. It was truly a most fun evening. I also got a chance to meet his charming and gorgeous wife, Sindy, when I went to his apartment (jaw-dropping night view of Tokyo by the way) to see the figures.

Ray, in his study with his figures behind:

Ray and myself. Sindy took this for us.:

I didn't do a lot of 1:6 shopping this time round - HK is still the best place for it. And besides, I was in the land of manga and anime. :angel However, I did go to the Jokeshop and picked up the ACE US Navy Gunner Rifleman Equipment set, something that I missed out when I went to HK last June.

Thanks again, Ray, for taking the time to meet me. And I look forward to treating you satay when you come to Singapore!

:cheers
Yujin

·
Space Monkey
2,315 Posts
Lucky Devil! His figs aren't even under glass, but they'll get all dusty that way, allthough I don't even see a speck of dust there. Let's see that view out his window too.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
4 times in a year?! Luckily you showed up and prove to Sindy that you ain't a chick... or Ray is in trouble... LOL!!!

I believe this is the first time I see your HQ, Ray, how neat?! You have seen mine, a junkyard... lol!!! I wish I am as tidy as you are (well, actually other wish so... I am happy with the junkyard).

Always great to see the fellowship of 1/6 gather around, so heart warming!!!

So, go make the 5th, 6th and the forever-th!!!
C U Guys around
Cal.

·
Requiescat In Pace
7,095 Posts
I hear you're stalking him!

·
My friends call me Ray
7,840 Posts
Yujin, it was nice to have you visiting me. I was also so happy that I can talk about 1/6 with someone who can appreciate it (you know this is not a common hobby). Will see you again, man!

Calvin, a messy desk is a productive/creative desk. The reason why I have a clean one is because I haven't bashed for a long long time.

·
Divine Intervention!
3,026 Posts
gotta echo Calvin's claim of just seeing your collection for the 1st time. Nice spiffy collection. Not too many but each of it are top standard stuffs.
And I really envy Yujin for his frequent visit to Japan. I went Japan once back in 99' on a business trip. I love everything there - the people (mainly the colleagues), the weather, the environment (I was at Mishima then, outside the hustle and bustle of Tokyo) and of course, the shinkansen.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Hey Ray, I am gonna tidy up a bit tomorrow, the humid in HK is getting me very ignored... even me feels like cleaning up, u know how bad it is... ha ha ha!!!

Now, Close up pics of your shelves pls, I am sure the guys would love that!

And Yujin, pls show yours too!!!

I can't show mine yet... junkyard under "de-junking", lol!!!

Ha ha ha!!!

Cal

·
Likes little people
1,617 Posts
Ahh Tokyo---haven't been there since 93-great place to go !

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
mgbb said:
Yujin, it was nice to have you visiting me. I was also so happy that I can talk about 1/6 with someone who can appreciate it (you know this is not a common hobby). Will see you again, man!
I couldn't agree with you more. I had the pleasure of hosting rfr5671 and Phantom11 (Ross, and Roy) at my place this past Sunday. Man did it feel good to be able to talk in person to a couple of dudes about this hobby we all love. And by the way, both Ross and Roy are very pleasant and gracious people. They are welcome at my place any time.

·
Space Monkey
2,315 Posts
KneeJoint said:
I couldn't agree with you more. I had the pleasure of hosting rfr5671 and Phantom11 (Ross, and Roy) at my place this past Sunday. Man did it feel good to be able to talk in person to a couple of dudes about this hobby we all love. And by the way, both Ross and Roy are very pleasant and gracious people. They are welcome at my place any time.
That's very kind Kneejoint, it was a pleasure to meet you too! It is always so much better to meet in person, and to see technique and detail in person, as well as raid their fridge. :angel

·
Premium Member
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Calvin, if yours is a junk yard, mine looks like the junkyard of the junkyard!! :rolling And Ray, no, a messy desk is definitely not a productive one in my case! :bag Thanks again for having me over man! :cheers

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Someday, I will visit my ancestrial home of Japan. Someday. So cool that you get to visit friends when you go.

·
Premium Member
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
CrackTroop said:
That's nice way cool! ...so Ray did you cook a home course meal for our friend from Singapore?? :lol :nanana
We actually had a light Yakitori meal near the train station. Oishii!! :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts