One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
SPQR
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,been a while since I visited.Love what you've done with the place.I've still been working on Customs,just as slow as ever.

My next offering is a Marine of the Imperial Roman Navy.

Just as important as conquest on Land a strong Navy was a vital link in the ever expanding Roman Empire.This Milite of course represents the combat forces used at Sea.

Plautus wrote that the Naval Troops wore Blue or Iron Grey tunics.Their Armour was generally Leather,Padded Felt or Linen Strips.These guys were just as well protected as their Land borne counterparts but needed to be more manouverable for fighting on the confines of a Ship's Deck.Also if they were unlucky enough to go overboard there was less chance of them being dragged under and drowning.Weapons and Shields I guess you could say were all standard issue.

This guys was fully repainted from top to toe,parts are from Ignite, KP and ACI.Also all repainted.

This was a fun Figure to research and add to my ranks.I hope you all enjoy,more to come real soon.Great to be back!

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Beautiful work...just beautiful.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
"From the halls of Messina to the shores of Tripoli..."

Beautiful work!

·
SPQR
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you all very much for your kind words,it really means a lot to me.
I love researching and putting these guys together and try to do my very best to make them as real and accurate as possible.I especially like sharing that the Romans weren't an Army of Clones all wearing the same gear.
More to share really soon.

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts
Fantastic looking custom figure!! I like your photography as well. :)

·
SPQR
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great work and nicely shot!
I would love to see more about these warriors...
Appreciate it.If you want to see some of my previous Figures you can find them here:

What's an Imperial Legion without Cavalry support?
My Custom Imperial Roman Legion so far*Updated Pics Page 2*
Imperial Roman Archer Auxilia C:50-200AD
Imperial Roman Officer and Legionary from the new guy

Fantastic looking custom figure!! I like your photography as well. :)
Thanks very much.Photography I find is still a very tricky thing.Working on it slowly.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts