One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up, i got two pairs of the gloves, well made, BUT first i tried them on BBI Trigger Fingers, no luck, okay fine, then i tried them on HT Trigger Fingers (the softer type, i think came with the Bronze True Type Body). The usual slice between the fingers, make some spacing, tried them on as well...no luck. I thought okay its late, i left them half on, as far i got them on. Next day i tried again still no luck, so i pulled them off, and they painted all fingers black...
Ill try to post a picture if needed, but its really bad on the fingers that managed to get into the fingertips of the gloves, maybe they HT Rubber and the PMC Dye (?) dont work well together, i couldnt manage to clean the fingers up again with water or soap. So if you get them on, better leave them on :D

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Ouch, I hope you can clean off the dye, hopefully it isn't too bad of a chemical stain.
I think there was a thread a short time ago about how to go about this, I think it involved small amounts of acetone.. Hopefully someone can find it or suggest a method to you.

Also, you had me scared for a moment but I'm happy [sorry to benefit from your misfortune] to know that they can stand up to some abuse, and thanks for the warning for your HT body holding brethren.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,338 Posts
I noticed that the cut was odd on mine, and I couldn't get them to fit either, just like I said in the review I did of the OSF PMC figure. I think I am going to go pull it off and see if the dye has come out of it now. Man those just looked so good, and nothing is going good for those gloves.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Oh yeah, i wonder if the gloves were even meant to be put on or just for show. The thumbs are way too short on the glove to actually fit nice, but yeah slicing them in the middle would probably help. I had alot of luck putting on mine on Dragon bendy hands since they are kinda small i didn't even have to slice the middle.

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mx22 said:
I bet these gloves will fit on hands of Barrack Sergeant nudes...

Alexei
Its not like i am too dumb, the same technique worked with HT Gloves and W-Gloves. And the hands arent that much different. The material (though accurate, since i have a 1:1 Pair of those gloves which i wear several times a week) seems to make the difference.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,338 Posts
I would imagine you would have to cut the BSgt figs fingers apart to get them to fit, but the thumbs are still too short on mine. I would have to cut the end of the thumb on the glove to get it to go on properly.

·
Monkey Gun Man
2,019 Posts
I had the same problem with the pinky and thumbs being too short. I got four pair so I know it is not the pair I got. I managed to fit them on Hot Toys True Type hands with a little chop to the thumbs and pinky. To fit them on the Barrack Sergeant hands I ripped out the seam (Oh the horror) and glued the gloves on to the hands.

Maybe if I was Larry I would have got gloves that fit the Barrack Sergeant hands but, I am sure that some of the ones in the sets do not.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
On the pair that I got from Azteca, [Muchos Gracias!] one had the short thumb and short pinky combo, while the other glove had normal sized finger/thumbs. I did realize however, that they were really hard to put on, so much so that that my hands started to cramp up.

During the process, and after cutting the seam on the side open as PG had, I found that for some odd reason they decided to put a seam right across where the fingers meet the palm on the palm side, resulting in the difficulties of putting the gloves on non bendy, molded hands. Well after the struggle, the silkscreening is kind of worn, so its kind of a loss.
If they had used the same stretchy material that they used on the top side for the bottom side, and kept it as one piece instead of the palm and each finger, much like the DiD/Gamitoy stretchy gloves it would have been a better product. I don't think I'll be getting anymore of these, itd probably be easier to make my own. >.>

·
uber noob assembler
5,022 Posts
i agree with everything above, got my set from azteca as well orale!

tried several hands, TS, HT bendy, BBi, DML bendy, finally decided that SS bendys might just make it Was a biatch to put on, sewn in between the fingers, thumb was short, but with a little perseverance and some trimming to make it fit through the narrow fingers struggling, tweezers, pliers, etc etc

here you go

·
Combat Evolved
1,305 Posts
I just got a pair of these and think they look great so you were able to get them on Dragon bendy hands without incident? I was thinking about trying that after I read this post. I just got mine from Azteca yesterday and have not atempted to do anything with them yet. I was also thinking about maybe chopping the fingers off to make them fingerless like the HT snipers nomex gloves. Has anybody tried that yet?
Tige
kuato said:
Oh yeah, i wonder if the gloves were even meant to be put on or just for show. The thumbs are way too short on the glove to actually fit nice, but yeah slicing them in the middle would probably help. I had alot of luck putting on mine on Dragon bendy hands since they are kinda small i didn't even have to slice the middle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.