One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At the risk of annoying you, I'm going to shamelessly beg and grovel :sneaky: :

I'm gratified that my new thread on Yamamoto Yae has generated almost 800 views in less than a week, and especially so by the few who have posted positive supportive comments (thank you!). I know this forum isn't what it used to be, when lots of members were actively commenting and discussing things. Most of the people who are viewing are non registered guests, "lurking" without comment, which is the new normal and is fine.

However, I'm pretty disappointed almost nobody has taken the 3 minutes needed to view the video I posted in that thread. Even the commenters, I'm not sure they bothered to view it (if you did please let me know). YouTube stats track embedded videos and it's telling me one person has clicked it through from this site.

I worked really hard on this video and just ask for 3 minutes of your time, whether you are a member or a "guest" viewing this forum (the link is active for all; it's a legit video and won't redirect you to some crazy malware, I promise!). The video is like a movie or TV show trailer, I think the soundtrack music is nice (it's classical style, from the show; see YT page for details), and I use extensive use of "freeze frame" footage from both the show and my figure, intercutting between the two and compositing the posed figure into video elements. NHK (the show's owner) blocks all video clips of their shows on YT, so I had to get creative and used the "Band of Brothers" opening as a model (nowhere near as professional and good but hey, I'm just one person).

Just three minutes, a nice quick diversion from your busy day, and, you might even like it! (Please be patient and watch it through to the end, as it builds slowly and some of the best bits come in the second half).

(Please note: please choose 4k resolution for the best possible quality!! YT severely compresses HD uploads now and if you leave it at "default" you will get a poor quality picture. Your device does not need to be 4k capable--you will simply get the actual HD rendering I intended. 4k devices will benefit even more, of course.)

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I apologize for not watching the video. I guess with the detailed description you gave, I glossed over the chance to see her in action. You did an amazing job blending your figure into the film. Obviously you did "work very hard", and it shows. I didn't think I could be more amazed at your work, but that was wonderful!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I apologize for not watching the video. I guess with the detailed description you gave, I glossed over the chance to see her in action. You did an amazing job blending your figure into the film. Obviously you did "work very hard", and it shows. I didn't think I could be more amazed at your work, but that was wonderful!
Thanks so much markh166, your support is most appreciated! I hope you got to watch it in 4k (please see note above; I forgot to mention it originally).

This show really helped me through a dark and emotional time this past year so the project has really meant a lot to me. That's why I put so much effort into it...

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,785 Posts
thank you for sharing the video, neat to see a good side by side. may i ask what head that is? i actually may want one just because i like the look.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you for sharing the video, neat to see a good side by side. may i ask what head that is? i actually may want one just because i like the look.
Thanks CobraTrooper11! The head is from the Poptoys Butterfly Helmet Warrior; I mentioned that in my build thread but you may have missed it.
Watched. Pretty good. Lot of passion for that character. Well done.
Thanks for watching Gavined! Appreciate your comment!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks spyder! I encourage you to check it out on Prime Video, but only the first episode is available (just search Yae's Sakura). They do give a small preview of the Battle of Aizu which comes 24 episodes later, but mostly it shows her at age 6, played by a child actress obviously. The only other way to watch the other 49 episodes is through sketchy streaming sites, or to buy the DVDs on ebay like I did. It's a shame that NHK is unable or unwilling to make its huge library available outside Japan.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is the first time in seeing this post. A very nicely done video.(y) Great job!
Thanks davinator and dragonsleeper! Glad you liked it and thanks for watching and commenting.

For those just seeing this, my plea up top has totally worked. Since I asked (begged, really) people to please watch, my YouTube views for this video have had a big bump and it's thanks to this forum. So, if you haven't seen it, keep it going and help a fellow 1/6'er out! And if you like it, don't be shy, give me a like or a comment either here or on the YT page!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts