One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Way back when I used to play AD&D and I always thought it would have been cool to have an accurate Halfling action figure. Flash Forward 20 years and Sideshow gave me the tools. Good things come to those who wait.

Thanks for looking.

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
This is nice.. Did you mod the clothing to fit the small body ? Good looking figure you got there :thumb

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is nice.. Did you mod the clothing to fit the small body ? Good looking figure you got there :thumb
Thanks. And yes, i sure did. I had to cut the pants to size, but they were "form fitting" pants, so they were not too baggy. The shirt is actually from a "Bratz" doll my daughter no longer uses and it's already small, so it fit okay. I had to cut pieces off the DML armor to fit his small frame.

·
Registered
743 Posts
That's a great bash. I always play a rogue characters, at least in computer RPGs, and your halfling even came with his own ring of invisibility...definately help his thieving!

·
aka haloed
1,553 Posts
sweet. I was optimistic that it would be in scale to the novels and films. Not a twelve inch figure with the head of the actor, because they weren't smart enough to scale down a twelve incher.
Great work. I like the concept. So i guess the pockets he would pick are about eye level?
Sorry yours is a rouge not a thief. Although a halfling thief would work well. Just think of all the places they could go and the pockets they could pick because they are kinda ignored.
Really great concept and execution!

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,277 Posts
hehe. Instead of rolling A D20 and add your Bonus. In ADnD you would roll a D20 then Subtract off what you roll to your THACO Number. I rolled a 16 my THACO number to hit is a Base 10. 16-10 is a AC of 6. o_O

Okay...... I'm going back to my Corner now... Awesome bash!

·
Registered
360 Posts
First bash I've seen with the the figures and its a nice one. The cut down armor looks great, nice use of the ghurka blade.
Why the pulled up turtle neck though? Bad breathe?lol

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
First bash I've seen with the the figures and its a nice one. The cut down armor looks great, nice use of the ghurka blade.
Why the pulled up turtle neck though? Bad breathe?lol
Thanks much. The idea behind the mask was two fold:

First I thought that thieves and rogues would like to hide their identity a bit, especially if on the prowl,

and secondly (and more importantly) Frodo kind of looks a bit...soft. Not at all the image I had in mind for an experienced thief...:)

·
Welcome to my Life....
1,081 Posts
Sweet figure, brings me back to the old D&D days, thanks for posting.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts