One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Italian retreat from Greece in 1941 was a horrible affair. The weather was atrocious and casualties were high. This poor Italian froze where he died and now that the mud is thawing, he is partially visible.

This was an experiment in mud for me and an attempt to get the "wet" look.

Thanks for looking, doug

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Very gripping vignette Doug. The details like the leaves are very subtly and nicely done, as is your mud. Poor soul~

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Interesting.....Dios like these always are the most contraversial....but the most interesting.....outstanging work.

·
Registered
936 Posts
:wideyes:wideyes:wideyes:wideyes
Hey!! very original , an scene dramatic . It's a big work , excellent , sorry Ihaven't words ...
A lot of congratulations , much time of work , I supose .
Regards .

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great dio.

On a side note, I'm starting to think dios like this are an effective way to use bits and pieces of certain figures / eras / parts that one doesn't have complete. I.E. if I only had one boot I picked up as an extra in a trade, I can stick that boot out and bury the other foot completely into the mud. Or if I lack the tunic/shirt for a set, I don't need it since it's not exposed.

I mean I figure we all have broken figures, weapons, web gear, etc that could all be integrated in a dio where you don't need a complete set up.

Thanks for sharing and for the ideas that will inevitably follow,

FET
spot on, FET! This dio was made with a sideshow body that had no feet, one hand and no head. the head was supplied by an old ignite figure and it isn't even connected to the body!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts