1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,everybody
Here is my new figure,painted from Tony's HS.Others from BGT,DID and AL

Hope you like it.Happy Chinese New year,GONG XI FA CAI

Flash photography Sleeve Gesture Collar Military uniform Military person Toy Gesture Military uniform Military camouflage

·
1:6 OSW member
508 Posts
Wow, very nice! I like overall presentation, natural pose, adequate weathering and photograph. Well done!

·
Loser 6
618 Posts
Peakfans, well done, great work on the head sculpt. I like the look and feel of your figure, very natural pose. Your weathering is spot on for this presentation. You do have some great photography skills as well!.........Jim

·
WWII Guy
1,418 Posts
You really nailed the TB sculpt! That one is a favorite of mine as well! You did a superb job with posing and the photography is flat beautiful

Cya
Hankster

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Those guys that Tony sculpts must all be related! :clap

Anyway, good to see a homely, average WWII soldier every now and then, as that is what they more commonly looked like.....not Hollywood actors.....:thumb

Probably an apple.....I would think a tomato would be harder to come by in those war conditions.....but maybe not.....

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hallo!

Very nice!

NOT a criticism or negative but...

The flat and cup butt plates on the K98k were left bright and not blued (a carry over from the old Gew 98).

k

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
am not quite sure about what you were talking about.I am not familiar with K98K.
Thanks for your comments

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hallo!

Ni Hao.

The Mauser "K98" rifles' butt plates were not blued (blackened), and should be bright metal.

"We" loosely call the Karabiner 98 kurz or K98k for short (auf English the Carbine Model 98 Short) or K98k for short.... a number of different names such as K98 or 98K.

It replaced the Karabiner 98b.

Kurt

Trivia: The code name used on official documents when talking about production stats was "Adalbert." :) :) )

k

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for your information,
The weapon carried is from DID. I remember one or 2 boxes have K98K equipped,but never be bright metal.
same as the different between PPD and PPS, right?I will check again and make it right

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hallo!

Ni Hao.

The Mauser "K98" rifles' butt plates were not blued (blackened), and should be bright metal.

"We" loosely call the Karabiner 98 kurz or K98k for short (auf English the Carbine Model 98 Short) or K98k for short.... a number of different names such as K98 or 98K.

It replaced the Karabiner 98b.

Kurt

Trivia: The code name used on official documents when talking about production stats was "Adalbert." :) :) )

k
Thanks for your information,
The weapon carried is from DID. I remember one or 2 boxes have K98K equipped,but never be bright metal.
same as the different between PPD and PPS, right?I will check again and make it right

1 - 20 of 29 Posts