One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met a funny buyer from UK and I wish to know if he's in the forum or anyone here in forum know this guy

Here's the story:

He purchased a baby doll head sculpt from me, after 7 days he ask where is his package.

Another 7 days passed and he come back and ask again where is his package, I tracked the package was delivered the day after he 1st message me.

Then a lots of conversation between us after that and he put a negative feedback on us.

Today he finally apologize and said his neighbor telling him someone took his package in the post box.

Thank god then I ask if he can do me a favor to revise the negative feedback

He then decline the feedback reversion and message me that it is an accident.

And he ask me for a refund because he paid but do not receive the product

I can't stop myself to tell everyone his eBay id: Josh_collector, this is the most funny guy I met ever.

G

·
strange. I've never heard of a neighbour that has access to someone elses postbox, at east not here in the UK?

If it comes from overseas, then according to my postman its not allowed for them to let someone else sign for it. They tell me they can lose their jobs for this.

Something sounds funny there. I' ve bought from you several times, and nothing has ever gone missing.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
strange. I've never heard of a neighbour that has access to someone elses postbox, at east not here in the UK?

If it comes from overseas, then according to my postman its not allowed for them to let someone else sign for it. They tell me they can lose their jobs for this.

Something sounds funny there. I' ve bought from you several times, and nothing has ever gone missing.
Here's his explanation:

" I must apologise to you I spoke to a few of my neighbours today about this missing doll head and it turns out one of my neighbours told me that the post half put it through my letterbox and walked off and before my neighbour could get to my door to give it to me someone yanked it from my letter box and took it "

After the apologize, he refuse to revise feedback and ask for refund because the package got stolen and it is not his fault because he paid for it so it is my responsibility to make sure the package deliver to his hand.

I wish there is no conversation between us, I won't be pissed like now if he just put a negative without reason...

·
Guardian of Hades
1,558 Posts
:dunno He's just being unreasonable.
It's not your fault his mail box isn't secure, or for not being big enough to fit the package all the way inside of it.

You posted it in good faith and it did arrive at his residence safely, so if his letterbox was raided, then it's his problem not yours.

I can relate to the guy being annoyed at the theft because I have had stuff go missing in the mail too.
But you can't blame the innocent merchant for another person's crime and insist they pay for it.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Sounds to me like he should be trying to get compensation from Royal Mail, after all, their guy didn't do his job when he left the package sticking out. He should have knocked, and if nobody was there then he should have taken the package out, given the guy a red slip so they would have had to collect it. Then at least the package would have been safe till it was collected.

On one occasion, the postman tried to deliver something for me, nobody was home, but, he didn't post a red slip, and nor did he record a no show. My brother was in their office a few days later and happened to spot the parcel, but, they wouldn't release it to him.

I went in and I took the shipping notice from the seller with me as that was all I had. It wasn't recorded anywhere on their system, but, they saw the shipping numbers matched and I had my ID on me so they did then release the parcel to me.

Some posties are prats, and if one is then we should report them

CHEERS!

·
One Sixth Striker
998 Posts
With that conversation explained from his side, you could bring this to eBay to get it resolved. Clearly it has been delivered hence, your duty is done, you should not be responsible for any refund just because it was stolen from his mailbox.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
It's idiots like this that puts dealers off shipping to the UK....I've dealt with a lot & I mean a real lot of dealers from the U.S & Asia over the past thirteen years & only had one problem with a figure delivery that disappeared......but that was at the UK end.....& was shipped by the dealer for sure.
Chelseaboy

·
Kit-Bash Krazy!
2,980 Posts
With that conversation explained from his side, you could bring this to eBay to get it resolved. Clearly it has been delivered hence, your duty is done, you should not be responsible for any refund just because it was stolen from his mailbox.
I agree. He has put it in writing that it was delivered and someone took it from his post box, plus you have the tracking evidence to prove that story too. Therefore your commitment has been fulfilled and it's no longer your problem.

Raise it with eBay and have them remove the negative feedback. You owe him nothing.

Such a shame you have to deal with idiots like this. You know I buy from you frequently and your service is 100% spot on!

Steve.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
So, when you say "this is the most funny guy I met ever", what do you mean really? That he is hilariously funny, or funny/peculiar?

What is your definition of "funny"? :think

·
Hellsing Org. Mercenary
3,290 Posts
So, when you say "this is the most funny guy I met ever", what do you mean really? That he is hilariously funny, or funny/peculiar?

What is your definition of "funny"? :think
In Asia, sometimes the term "funny" means "weird" or "odd", which itself is "funny". :lol

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
So, we're talking the difference between funny "strange" and funny "haha."

Where I come from, theft is no laughing matter and for this bozo to hold iyiyyy responsible is ludicrous.

This is exactly the type of crap that keeps me from selling off my 3 3/4 inch collection that just sits in drawers year over year.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree. He has put it in writing that it was delivered and someone took it from his post box, plus you have the tracking evidence to prove that story too. Therefore your commitment has been fulfilled and it's no longer your problem.

Raise it with eBay and have them remove the negative feedback. You owe him nothing.

Such a shame you have to deal with idiots like this. You know I buy from you frequently and your service is 100% spot on!

Steve.
I sent everything to eBay, tracking evidence, conversation copies but they doing nothing, maybe they are just too busy at the moment? I don't know....

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
At least this guy seems to be a self-entitled idiot in a non-repeating one-time situation, which I guess is better than an outright planned scammer (unless, I suppose, he always planned to deny receiving the item, then he got caught by tracking info, and this story is his retreat). An idiot is better than a scammer but still, iyiyyy, my sympathies and good luck -- you clearly deserve better than this ****.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
I think Onesixthpolice is really Joe Pesci!

CHEERS!
Thanks for the compliment; Joe Pesci is a funny guy, but really....when I hear the sentence "this is the most funny guy I met ever", I tend to think of a person that is actually funny; ie: comedic....

Man, the difference in cultures could get someone punched out.....:doctor

·
Registered
422 Posts
Has he opened a case against you? If he does, call ebay and speak with a rep first before responding to the case. It's going to show ebay that you're serious about it. The rep is also going to update the case with notes regarding what you talked about during the call. I had an issue over a year ago and they could have sided with the buyer but didn't because I took the time to call several times through out the case. The buyer was sketchy in the things he messaged me.

Also, I've called regarding removing negative feedback. A buyer used a reshipper and they didn't send everything to him. He expected me to send another and I said no. The negative feedback he left me was removed by ebay because I called.

Take the time to call. It might not make a difference, but everytime I have it's been beneficial to me.

John

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.