One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I present my creation: a man-at-arms anno 1420 with a milanese half harness in 1/6 scale (the armor of the legs is under construction). For the moment the armor is made of 52 pieces, all riveted and articulated. it took me 5 months of work! I hope you will enjoy.

·
Registered
539 Posts
It looks pretty good!
Will you show or tell us about the process and materials you are using to build it? I like all the small details and the realism added to make it wearable...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Holy Crap! Stunning work “Sir Armourer!”

What in the world do you do for a living or how did you get this skill? This should be in a museum... not remotely kidding.

Cant wait to see the bottom half.

Amazing.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Two observations.

(1) You may be insane.
(2) As fine a piece of 1:6 (or any other scale) work that's been seen in a long, long time.

Seriously, that was so much fun and so inspiring to view. Thanks for sharing it with us all.

·
1:6 Miniature Craftsman
682 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous. I think the gauntlets are my favourite. Some progress pics showing how this armour was made would be gratefully received.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thank you very much for all your kind words !
it gives me even more motivation to continue!
next step :
-1 sword and sheath
-1 dagger and sheath
-1 mace
-and the armor of the legs

·
Unifetish
122 Posts
I totally agree with every single thing said here! Museum worthy. Masterful! It’s historically accurate armour and the fact it is 1/6 scale is absolutely mind boggling. The way everything is articulated and how it is removable... riveted....just out of this world. Stunning! I hope to learn more about the process as well. I can’t wait to learn how you did the gauntlet/hand coverings. I comment you for learning how to do the tiny chain mail also. It’s to scale, and it’s challenging work (chaining) isn’t it? Every time I gaze at your photos I find some new surprise. This is 5 months of fantastic exquisite endeavors.

Tell me though, is this armor made of leather painted to look like metal, rolled out polymer clay, or taskboard? It’s only matters to a process and materials nerd like me. It all truly looks like metal. Exquisite.

·
Unifetish
122 Posts
I totally agree! Museum worthy. It’s historically accurate armourand the fact it is 1/6 scale is absolutely mind boggling. The way everything is articulated and how it is removable....metal, riveted....just out of this world. Stunning! I hope to learn more about the process as well.

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Holy Cow! I'm glad I waded through the lost password glitch process for the Nth time to log on and find this. Can't really add anything novel to the well-deserved praises others have already heaped on your masterpiece, except to say I'm looking forward to seeing more of it. Good luck.

·
Registered
211 Posts
This is absolutely outstanding work. You are a master of the craft. The manufacturers could learn some things from you.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts