One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
OSW Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious about a piece of fabric that comes with the Shi kimono. I bought it from M.D. Not sure what it is used for. It is a piece of fabric about 11"x4" The fabric has the same print as the obi (waist belt) Maybe it's another obi that is tied instead of using the velcro one with the flower? As far as I know, on real kimonos, the obi is tied in the back. Of course, this isn't a traditional kimono but more of a sexy one. I decided to just wrap the fabric around one of my figures and attach the velcro obi. It doesn't look to bad. Sort of looks like a yukata. The first pic. is the kimono. The rest is the piece of fabric wrapped.

Purple Sleeve Waist Kimono Street fashion
Hair Joint Hand One-piece garment Arm
Joint Lip Hand One-piece garment Shoe
Joint Head Hand Arm Eye

·
OSW Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I liked the B&W too. Used some blur effects. By the way, this actually isn't a shi head. I didn't purchase the figure. Just the kimono. This head was stock on an older plastic s. figure. (First photo. The rest she is on a s.s. body) This head does look a lot like the Shi. But the difference is this head doesn't have blue eyes and the Shi face has a more intense expression.

·
OSW Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
onesixthwarrior... This is one of my favorite sculpts. She photographs great. Doesn't quite match the pale S01 body. The color problem doesn't show much to the eye. But in photos I have to lighten the face. I was thinking of getting the same tan body which should match better. But after looking at photos of the new mid bust, I'm not sure. The arms on those figures look a bit short and the wrist joint appears mushroomed. The large bust figures look fine. But I would prefer the mid bust. So I am thinking of possibly a tan jodoll.

·
OSW Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Raiden... That's probably what it's for. An extra one that can be tied. When I first saw it, I had no idea why it came with the kimono, since there was an obi with a velcro fastener.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That is a very pretty kimono and wrapped cloth looks good too. I was disappointed in the suntan Phicen, it had a greyish overtone that made her look ill. Try the Jiaou doll line. It is offered in a range of colors from pale to dark. I got the the "Normal" skin tone and it was pretty pale, which was what I was after. The Jiaou seamless doll was just as flexible as the Phicen and a bit cheaper.

·
OSW Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was thinking the jodoll might match this head, so a few days ago, I ordered a mid bust (ordinary) which should be the "normal" or "natural" color. The other colors were the typical jodoll description. wheat, brown etc. However not entirely sure if I ordered a v3 (which is what I want) The price was 59.99 with shipping. If it turns out to be a v2, I suppose, it's a fair price. I should be able to tell after I receive it. Maybe you or someone else knows. But I'm thinking the v2 joints click like a plastic s. phicen. If it clicks I'm sure a v2. But I'm not sure if v2s click or have smooth movement. I'm not sure but I don't think the v2 came in six colors. This figure had six color choices and the description read "female flexible steel stainless rubber figure seamless body" With stainless steel in the description, I would call this bait and switch if it's a v2. I wish more ebay vendors would use the jodoll model numbers so customers are more sure of what they are ordering. Actually, I think they would sell more if they did this.
Yes. I agree the older suntan is an odd unflattering color. I have a suntan S02 and a pale S01. I much prefer the S01. (last three photos) I don't have a new suntan phicen but from photos I've seen, the new suntan looks more flattering.

·
OSW Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
By the way, I was looking online for a 2016 tan phicen body. Only saw suntan and pale. I guess the tan versions aren't out yet.
So, while I was searching for phicen tan, I came across a plmb2013-17. This is the figure shown in the first photo. A plastic s. body with this Asian head sculpt. Extra hands, feet and a skimpy white swimsuit. It can all be yours for 295.99. I almost fell over when I saw that price. However, I did see one for the amazingly low, low price of 190.00. Three years ago I paid 70.00. I guess they're rare or something.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts