One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
4,344 Posts
yay ACE!! I knew they'd come through with ACU and some new gear..I love the pistol mag pouch..been working on making my own for a figure. Can't wait for the rest of the gear to be previewed!

· Registered
4,344 Posts
if ACE does a copy of something as before...I wonder if it'll be a RRV type setup perhaps..those are readily available like M60s so I think another will get released...I prefer a CIRAS(Maritime) myself.

· Registered
4,344 Posts
not all SOF guys are slim and young looking..alot of them you have to remember are late 30s/early 40s..at least some of the ones I know are and this HS is kinda spot on for that demographic.. say 5+yr SOF vet. I think it looks cartoonish but I'll get the set anyways for the new gear probably.

· Registered
4,344 Posts
I agree Alexei, it looks off to me too...not enough realism in facial features...sorta reminds me of a chubby faced scarface..since on of the eyes in the pic Casey posted is droopy...although I do know a couple guys bald like that still in active SOF ;)

mx22 said:
Huy,

Of course not everyone is young. But this sculpt is not young/old or even thin/chubby issue. It maybe not a bad sculpt, but something is off and it doesn't look anything like SEAL or any other active SOF member would look like to me. This is of course my opinion...

Vapor posted picture above and sculpt there is very good and "fitting" to the whole SEAL/SOF theme....

Alexei

· Registered
4,344 Posts
Thank you ACE!!! This is almost better than a CIRAS...I can switch my SEALs to this and use the CIRAS for other bashes...ACE really came through on this figure IMO..ACU and new LBT-6094A!! Those grimloks are way cool too..I use them on my everyday packs..I'm super excited about this figure!!

· Registered
4,344 Posts
JPM 69 said:
I'll admit I don't know everything military but why is a SEAL wearing ACU?
I maybe the only that doesn't like the head sculpt.
On specific operations, SEALs were providing sniper and other support to Army units in Ramadi for instance and they wore ACUs to blend in with the Army Soldiers. The pics became quite popular in 1/6 discussions and it looks like ACE is trying to cash in on a figure from such an operation. An M14 EBR would take this figure over the top for me!! I love ACE weapons!

· Registered
4,344 Posts
YES!!! Thank you ACE!! The SCAR will go great for my Army SF bashes!!! This figure has raised the bar a lot for the other guys and it's only January!...so many new parts..can't wait!! maybe this will convince the other guys to follow suit in 08 and we'll see a HK416 and other newer high speed gear!

· Registered
4,344 Posts
SF Groups are issuing SCARs in limited #'s as well as the HK416 in limited #'s...SCAR is more as a regular issue and the HK416 for the CIF teams in a couple of Groups...I have a friend that took a couple of SCARs and MilKor(sp?) grenade launchers to Iraq last year..it's just a matter of time he said that the SCARs will be in full issue...I'll ask him if he has any pics that don't violate OPSEC to share.

ACE deserves alot of praise for this figure..a lot of folks on here moan and gripe about them rehashing and copying..and when they go out on a limb with something new...they still can't get any kudos by some..

btw Lee_Liam..nice pic..I got a couple IBH's laying around that need use..

· Registered
4,344 Posts
Mlatch221 said:
Oh, am I happy to see the SCAR. Yes, I would still like to see some 416 variants come out this year, too.

Now here's hoping I'll have the money to buy a few of these for the 3-5 minutes they'll be available on the loose parts market. :cry
don't worry mlatch221..one of us on the board will buy them all and charge you 3times as much..it's the neighborly thing to do in 1/6... ;)

· Registered
4,344 Posts
saiko said:
Rofl Aaron, nice.

I was kind of hoping for a hard brain bucket, but with the new goodies in this I guess I *can't* be too nitpicky.

Hmm.. those 5.56 ammo pouches look like they would look ok on a Spartan... I wonder :D
Do ACE pouches have the little teeth on the back like TS/BBi?

Definitely a loose parts bonanza if they even linger for more than a second on the market :p
Cool.. didn't know the hands were sculpted by Hiroki [Hayashi?] san.

Thanks nogood, this was kind of fun to watch unfold. :p
ACE included 2 M4 mag/1 radio pouch with SEAL CQB set and they just had a simple slither of cloth to thread into the MOLLE vests like HT...the MAV set they released had those simulated ALICE type place clips which didn't really hold anything so hopefully they will do the first type

· Registered
4,344 Posts
just got back from GSTG and man are they busy...they are the ACE distributor for US now and they had the whole foyet of their house full of ACE boxes to go out to all the dealers carrying this guy..I'll update with pics of my set...it's awesome!! worth every dollar!

· Registered
4,344 Posts
This set is very impressive albeit it not being heavy on accessories...the SCAR is awesome..the stock folds, extends and is nicely detailed. I'll still get the TS one..can never have too many rifles. The ACU pattern is similar to TS's but alittle lighter. The vest is even more detailed than a TS CIRAS and fits very well..here are the pics.

I'm on the fence about the HS still..it's rather huge below(double chin) but very unique nonetheless

· Registered
4,344 Posts
Here's some pics of the SCAR in CQB barrel setup(more appropriate for a SEAL since they seem to prefer 10.5" M4 barrels) and the stock folded. Not sure why the mags were such a fuss or even discussed..they are the same mold..just in tan. Also, ACE redid the radio on this figure..much better and more solid than previous releases albeit being the same TASC setup...hopefully ACE Peltors are coming..baby steps from ACE I guess..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.