One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks
My rendition of a Corporal 124th New York Infantry Regiment ,3rd Corps ,Army of the Potomac 1863.
First formed in 1862 ,the 124th first saw little combat until Chancellorsville,1863,here the regiment suffered nearly 40 percent casualties.The men of this regiment came in the main,from Orange County,as a badge of pride, they wore orange ribbons in their button holes.This lead to the official nickname of the Orange Blossoms, for the regiment.

Gettysburg 1863, would earn the 124th their finest battle honor. Here they formed part of the Union left flank on Houck,s Ridge .The Regiment now only numbering 238 men in total withheld and repulsed Confederate attempts to take their position .With Brig.Gen.Jerome Robertson,s Texas Brigade,now fighting Its way through the Devils Den and starting to assault the 124th position.s As the Texans closed on his regiment,the 124th,s commander,Col.Augustus Van Horne Ellis , gave the order to charge,the boys from Orange County smashed into the Texan Brigade and drove it from the Devils Den,denying the Confederates this vital piece of ground.Sadly this was to be the last charge for Col. Ellis ,as he was killed moments after giving his order.But his Orange Blossoms had done him proud.

And that,s him the first for the New Year,thanks for looking
Cheers Gordon

·
Registered
194 Posts
Fascinating subject, great figure! I love the hobby for this reason, your figure could be part of a museum display...tells a real story from history. Actually the Battle of Gettysburg is of particular interest. Many years ago a fellow I traded with in the US sent me a few spent rounds he'd collected from the site as a gift. Superb stuff, well done!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Really sweet work!

·
Loser 6
618 Posts
Gordon, an exceptional bit of work. You have done a wonderful portrayal here, everything works well together to tell the story, from the pose to the uniform, equipment and your excellent painting done to this figure. Beautifully done and well executed.........Jim

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks folks for taking the time to look and comment.
corymalark,to answer your question.my figures have their lower joints welded together with a mix of super glue and baking soda.Once I have decided on the final position,I fix the load bearing leg with this mix from the hip to the toes,The other leg gets done from the knee joint downwards.When the figure is complete I attach it to the base with screw,s ,from the underside up into the boots.
I know this kinda knackers any reposing of the figure,but it,s how I like to do mine.
More action statue ,than action figure

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
The corporal here may be your best yet, Gordon. The talent and dynamic nature of this bash more than justifies "setting" the pose. Beautimous head sculpt.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Sorry to be late, Gordon. This is definitely one of the best of your outstanding figures. Perfect pose and details, and your weathering can't be beat.
Because Orange County is just south of where I live, many Ulster County men served with them, as well as the 120th NY and others. Here are some pics I took of the 124th markers at Gettysburg. The first two are at Devil's Den, with a statue of Col. Ellis. The small monument is on Cemetary Ridge.

Again, this is one fantastic figure! Thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts