One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Airborne, All the Way!!!
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear friends and fellow Hobbysts, this is something that I have been thinking about for some time and have decided to see if the idea has any merit. I would like to see if there are any other like minded folks out there that would like to create a Museum of 1/6 scale here in the LA area.

If you are even slightly interested, please email me at [email protected]

We'll see about getting together. What do you folks think?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
What are we talking...A shop sized place to display 12 inch figures? War Dioramas?
I think it would be really cool for people to see what our hobby is all about.

I'm interested in hearing some more about this idea.

One Shot out!

·
Airborne, All the Way!!!
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1/6 museum

One Shot GD said:
What are we talking...A shop sized place to display 12 inch figures? War Dioramas?
I think it would be really cool for people to see what our hobby is all about.

I'm interested in hearing some more about this idea.

One Shot out!
Yes, 1000 to 1500 square feet with room to work on dioramas and do photography.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
I was talking to Nan at EBT about this a few months ago.It seems like a great idea.

Shoot me some info.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Not to hijack Hot LZ's thread.

But Actually Bobby Dalto is working on opening a large 1/6th museum called 'Diorama, the Museum of the American Soldier'. It's going to be a timeline of the US military from the Rev. War through modern. Real artifacts are planned to be incorporated through out the museum.

We had a booth at the OSF show in Vegas. It's going to be in the Myrtle beach area. He's still in the planning stages, but is hoping to have a large space that will allow viewers to "be part" of the dioramas. For example, look down the beach at Omaha on D-Day from a German Pillbox and see (roughly) 100 US figs advancing up the beach. He's got a lot of great things in the works. If anyone is interested in more info, send me a PM and we can chat.

-JOSH

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
I would definitely contribute my 1/6 B-17 bomber crews and setup to the cause! :thumb

1 - 17 of 17 Posts