One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See subject.

1. You’ve lost all interest in the most basic and simple 1:6 figure offerings.
  2. You’re procrastinating on placing timely pre-orders for new 1:6 figures and missing them.
  3. Your “MUST BUY” list is overwhelming.
  4. The 1:6 hobby doesn’t provide enjoyment or relaxation.
  5. You’ve lost all sense of “fun” about the 1:6 hobby.
  6. You’re getting overly irritated by other 1:6 collectors.
  7. You’re on autopilot when it comes to the 1:6 hobby.
  8. Your thoughts about the 1:6 hobby is negative.

·
Head in the clouds...
1,457 Posts
Good thread.

While not exactly burned out, I am reaching the point, after over two decades or so that the hobby is just getting so expensive that I am beyond being picky and just getting turned off, in general. Throw in the fact that my age is closer to retirement than college age and so life's priorities are also involved, even more now.

So from your list, #2 is applicable to me. #3 has become the opposite - my "Must Buy" list is underwhelming, as I have become even more particular with my purchases.

The advances in technology, sculpting, detailing, paint applications, etc., in this hobby have been wonderful but rising prices have dampened my enthusiasm or at the very least, forced me to limit my choices, which I guess, in a way, is a good thing. I may eventually go through another big purging of figures in order to fine tune even further, as well as free up funds and display space.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,078 Posts
#9. You're at maximum saturation after years of collecting and building, and the thought of adding more stuff to the clutter is unappealing. Seriously, after a few decades of the hobby, where do you put it all? It's not exactly a small scale hobby.

Which leads to a lack of interest as well, as FlyAndFight says, but also makes for a more focused buying strategy when stuff is bought.

Could be time for a purge, and a reset/refocus, and enjoy the favorite items, while cleaning up, and getting focus and funds for more important or new directions. Or just retire from it all. Maybe one day that will happen too. But not today.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm not burned out, I just need more income. My fake benefactors also work against me in securing adequate luggage, so I have that bull**** to deal with.

But maybe, someday, when I've relocated to Malaysia, I could enjoy some semblance of peace with my life again.

And it WILL happen one day. While my enemies have immense reach, my fake benefactors failed to notice that I have REAL benefactors. They warned me about the Methodical Bitch. They also informed me that the path to freedom does not lie in the States, and I have to GTFO. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but all I have to do is stay alive long enough for my real benefactors to help me out. That's what keeps me alive, and that freedom is what I fight for.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Gougers also take the fun out of this hobby. I was looking on Ebay and some sellers want almost $100 for a rifle in 1/6th. I am like can buy a lower parts kit to build another AR I can shoot for that.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,078 Posts
Gougers also take the fun out of this hobby. I was looking on Ebay and some sellers want almost $100 for a rifle in 1/6th. I am like can buy a lower parts kit to build another AR I can shoot for that.
That's so frustrating now. But part of the hunt is getting lucky on a good sale or auction for one of those "expensive" rifles. No plastic rifle should be more than $25 in my mind.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I wouldn't say I am burned out on the hobby, more like backed into a corner because of how much it costs now. You need to be an independent wealthy millionaire in order to buy everything you want.

I knew things were taking a turn for the worse when I had to "choose" between two figures I wanted. I ended up getting one, and the other, saved on my wishlist, skyrocketed in price, forever exceeding my reach.

And then the prices kept climbing. My salary didn't.

The frustrating thing is seeing all these cool historical figures come out, particular the ones depicting conflicts in China from 1900-1950. I want to get them all, but there's no way I ever will. I even want that hundredth offering of the Chinese volunteer in Korea, but it's a losing battle because funds eventually dwindle.

At this point, with prices so high overall, I wonder who the customers are. Are they only rich people within China?

It's a great hobby I have always loved, but have they shot themselves in the feet by sending prices into the stratosphere? How is a younger person with limited income able to enter into the realm of collecting 1/6th ?

·
Respect, Honour, Courage
2,919 Posts
I’m not burned out from the hobby, I’m financially burned out with all the price rises and now thanks to those who voted brexit, even ordering from my trusted stores in Europe command import duties….had to pay £75 customs on one figure From Germany. Then as others have mentioned, gougers really do take the proverbial. I’ve seen AK74s selling for $80+ and one guy in Australia lists at shocking prices. £95 gbp for the DAM gorka from Beslan siege.

·
High Speed Recon Mech
732 Posts
When the fun be gone, you be gone, or, If it makes you happy, why the Hell are you so sad?

I buy what I want. I want quality materials and workmanship, at fair prices.

I don’t buy as much 1/6 as I did, I buy a lot of 1/12, Godzilla, and LEGO. Makes me happy.

Think that over slowly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts