One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In April 1982 Argentina landed on the Falkland Islands. A few weeks later a british Task Force started to recapture the Islands. Part of this Task Force were Gurkhas from 1st/7th Duke of Edinburgh's Own Gurkha Rifles. Here are mine with small DiD Bodies and a mix of Dragon and Barrack Sergeant equipment.

IMG_7461 (2) by petemit, auf Flickr

My interpretation of Major Bill Dawson, Second in Command of the Regiment
IMG_7463 (2) by petemit, auf Flickr

IMG_7464 (2) by petemit, auf Flickr

IMG_7466 (2) by petemit, auf Flickr

The Kukri.
IMG_7467 (2) by petemit, auf Flickr

IMG_7470 (2) by petemit, auf Flickr

IMG_7469 (2) by petemit, auf Flickr

IMG_7473 (2) by petemit, auf Flickr

IMG_7476 (2) by petemit, auf Flickr

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Amazing work!!! Great figures.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Looks great! Why the DiD small bodies? And I remember hearing that the Brits were exchanging their semi auto FN FALs for the select fire variants from their fallen enemies.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both :)

@Joe Friday

The average height of a Gurkha is 5 feet and 3 inches, therefore I used the smaller body ;) The normal body is a standard body for a 6 feet tall man in real life.

Yes, I heard that too and it is shown in the miniseries "Tumbledown" during the final attack on Mount Tumbledown. But I think they didn´t replace their own rifles with the argentinian FN Fal for the whole conflict, it´s better to keep the weapon you are used to, even if the enemies weapon might be an improvement for the moment.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah. That makes sense. I didn't realize they were so short. Was it hard to find smaller clothes for the figures?
They have the same clothes, just the legs of the bodies are a bit shorter.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Very good rendition on this group! :bravo
My only gripe is about the huge zipper on the jackets: I did replace those after I found the tiny ones on a site dealing with materials for dressing dolls, and used a textile specific glue to attach them...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Very good rendition on this group! :bravo
My only gripe is about the huge zipper on the jackets: I did replace those after I found the tiny ones on a site dealing with materials for dressing dolls, and used a textile specific glue to attach them...
Do you remember the specific site?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don't know how many of these are still floating around but I think I saw one of these for sale nib on a website earlier today.

·
Unifetish
122 Posts
Very impressive work! Is there a chart somewhere where I can see all the various sized bodies available now in the market? And how does a collector know if the clothes will fit or not. I want to update my collection and change things around, with different sized bodies. But my funds these days are limited, so I need to be a smarter shopper.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very impressive work! Is there a chart somewhere where I can see all the various sized bodies available now in the market? And how does a collector know if the clothes will fit or not. I want to update my collection and change things around, with different sized bodies. But my funds these days are limited, so I need to be a smarter shopper.
What kind of figures do want to update, from what manufacturer?

I don´t have photos of nude figures to compare, but coo model had a picture of their two standard male bodies. Combined with a HS the left one has the normal size of 30 cm in total and the right one is the body I used for "The Rock", it is a bit taller.
210115_155813_6nTvvWkn_imcQT4-MG by petemit, auf Flickr

In the following picture you can see the three DiD bodies, from left to right...actual standard body, the old DiD body (it is a bit smaller than the actual standard body but a bit taller than the actual DiD smaller size body), the guy in the middle has the actual standard DiD body, another old one and in the right you have the actual DiD body in smaller height.
IMG_7739 (2) by petemit, auf Flickr

And here you have a DML/Dragon body in the left, the old DiD body in the middle and the actual smaller DiD body to the right.
IMG_6680 by petemit, auf Flickr

You can switch any clothes or equipment between any normal male body of any manufacturer you want. It´s only getting tricky when you buy a fat body, then you are very limited in the clothes that will fit.

·
Unifetish
122 Posts
Hey thanks for that. I was thinking though of some of the others out there like the very muscular phicen bodies, thin Asian bodies; plus the diversity of females out there. It makes one’s head spin. When I started collecting it was all the same. I did not pay attention to bodies because there was no diversity. I can’t afford to buy bodies that won’t work with the outfits I have already. It would be nice to get racial and body type diversity into my collection. Which means all kinds of changes.

Wish there were charts or diagrams of what works with what.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts