One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
I'd take some green tigerstripes, and dye them successively darker in a less concentrated black dye solution, so you don't accidentally turn them completely black. That's probably the closest you're going to get until you can dye a set of ABUs once somebody puts out a set.

·
Read Only
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well Guys thanks for all of the help!!! I think I will try to dye some.

Although Krechet where did you get those, they are not exactly what I meant but they look like they could come in useful.

HL2 Master

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Are they from the "Limited" Stash Recon figure?
It was kind of cool, like a guerilla spray artist, had some nice spray cans and some assault rifle. The smock came from one version, the trousers from another.

·
Resident Kalashnikov nut!
1,837 Posts
Yes,they are from the Recon Stash figure. Like saiko said,the jacket came with one figure and the trousers came with the other. Expensive as hell,but hey,money is no object when it comes to this hobby............. right?

·
Registered
213 Posts
HL2,
I`m interested to see how you get on with this,as I`d like to do the same.
Are you doing RE2 Umbrella Special Ops ala Carlos Oliviera & his two comrades?

·
Time Lord Of Flatbush
5,917 Posts
HL2 Master ... As others have said, dyeing a pair of pre-existing Tiger BDU's is probably the best idea.
Personally, I would use some Tan Tiger BDU's as a Base and then boil them in Liquid Rit Dye "PEARL GREY" .
You might have to repeat the process several times, but I'd wager that this will achieve your desired effect.

Below is a Pair of BBI Kretchet Tigers that were blue.
I overdyed them Red.
Basically, what I should in theory happen if you dye the Tan Tigers with Grey is the following:
The Brown should turn a Dark Grey.
The Medium Tan should turn Brownish Grey
The Light Tan should turn Grey.
The Lightest color will pick up the dye color the most.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck and happy customizing.

Aly

·
Read Only
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tru-Spec Urban Tiger

Well thanks everyone this has been constructive.

panzerjaeger: Yeah Im working on the UBCS form RE:A

Alyasha: Do you know of any links to sites thats sell Tan Tigersttripe, BDU's?

Thanks again!!!

HL2 Master

·
BioChem Division
1,207 Posts
i second aly's suggestion and use the tan tiger stripes.

i would also additionally suggest that you add a SLIGHT bit of blue or purple color to the grey or diluted black dye so that it cancels out the yellowish color of the tan stripes.

tan fabric + bluish grey or diluted black dye creates a flat or slightly "cool" grey color overall.

tan fabric + diluted black only creates a brownish dark or "warm" grey color overall.

you wont be able to get a truly neutral grey from the process of dyeing, but you can get a suitable grey tone for urban camo.

·
1:6 puppy
985 Posts
Bbi made a russian special forces figure with a grey 'russian tiger' uniform with a green striped vest.they also made a 'cheap' uniform of the same pattern for their discount line(what was their name again guys?'elite force'?).the bbi figure(i think it was called 'kretchet') still pops up from time to time on e-bay.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Sorry for the Necro post but I Do think this my post is useful.

RE Apocalypse U.C.B.S. Merc is on my to Do list along with the Centurion (Thank You RIOT POLICE when released).

Having several pairs of these pants, dyeing a pair with grey or light dip in black hopefully would work on a normal green tiger stripe.
i say normal tigerstripe as there is a faint Green in there too. It is Dark Green and only one close inspection is it visible tbh As film Gen Hawk would say "Knowing is half the battle".

So will be trying my hand at these myself and will lay them next to my wearable pair once done to see and hear thoughts.

Also don't forget you have the 2 thigh pouches and a small pouch on the left side shin.

·
GI Joe Fan
479 Posts
Thread hijack! Still one of my favorite Cobra customs after all these years!
HL2 Master ... As others have said, dyeing a pair of pre-existing Tiger BDU's is probably the best idea.
Personally, I would use some Tan Tiger BDU's as a Base and then boil them in Liquid Rit Dye "PEARL GREY" .
You might have to repeat the process several times, but I'd wager that this will achieve your desired effect.

Below is a Pair of BBI Kretchet Tigers that were blue.
I overdyed them Red.
Basically, what I should in theory happen if you dye the Tan Tigers with Grey is the following:
The Brown should turn a Dark Grey.
The Medium Tan should turn Brownish Grey
The Light Tan should turn Grey.
The Lightest color will pick up the dye color the most.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck and happy customizing.

Aly

1 - 20 of 20 Posts