One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the helmet and wanted to post my version that has been sitting on my shelf for over a year and has gone through many changes.

Not a lot of credit is given to the 555th PIB other then being the first Black Parachute Infantry Battalion in W. W. II. These guys (unit) was dedicated to fighting the fires that were set by the Japanese fire balloons and were very instrumental in developing techniques for jumping into fires and how to put them out that are still used today.

They would later be rolled in to the 82nd ABN Div with elements later forming the 2nd Ranger Company (All Black) during the Korean War.

·
EMT
533 Posts
great figure just one observation: the mussette bag would be the other way so that when the trooper stripped off the parachute he could just take it and throw it over his head and be ready to go.

-Jeff

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool figure. Is that the old 21C uniform or is Dragon's? Looks great. Also, how did you do the helmet? Nice job!
First off I cannot take credit for the helmet. It is a 21C helmet from their smoke jumper figure. So, Johkaz, great work on your helmet.

The next thing is this is a DML (Jacket) and BBi (trousers) uniform. I tried to weather it but need to go back to the drawing board. Perhaps even change the head. However, thanks for your nice words.

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very nicely done. The helmet that you did turned out really well and the bash is awesome.
I cannot take credit for the helmet. It is a 21C helmet from their modern smoke jumper figure. You need to give the credit to Johkaz for the great work he did on his helmet, which is different all together from my project.

I was just astute enough some years when 21C came out with the smoke jumper set to see the helmet and think of it in terms of the 555th. I still have the gray smoke jumper uniform that came with the set. I made this figure two or three years ago. I have changed the head sculpt several times and I am still looking for a cool head to use. Max does not really work for me. So, I will post a new head soon as I find one.

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
great figure just one observation: the mussette bag would be the other way so that when the trooper stripped off the parachute he could just take it and throw it over his head and be ready to go.

-Jeff
No Jeff you are wrong here. I have the pictures from which the figure was made. The 555th did not use web gear in forest fire fighting like normal Airborne infantry. So, the Mussette bag was not put in the reverse position so it could be thrown over their head and shoulders after they laded and drop their chutes.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.