One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This project is one I haven't done in a while...no, not the Fallschirmjäger itself, but a multi-role figure. This figure was meant to be a rebuild of my FJ officer at Normandy...remember...this one?
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee84/r_howard/One Sixth/Luftwaffe/FJ Officer/1.jpg
I replaced alot of the parts from the figure with stuff that fits bettwr (mostly the poorly tailored DML smock and the over-sized DiD Tunic).

I didn't weather the figure to preserve its multi-rolliness....so I didn't have to remove the pastel and replace it with another color of pastel. Plus, while at AWoH, I noticed the reenactors uniforms were more faded than dirty. Anyhting that is weathered was weatherd before I assembled the figure.

I'll list the parts with each new setup.

Basic Uniform

Uniform- DID shirt, bbi tunic, pants, and hat
Sculpt- DiD, repaints
Belt/boots- DID/NLM
Insignia- bbi and Custom

Crete

DiD, DML- Most equipment, helmet, and parachute. I added hooks and d-rings onto the knee pads to give a slightly more realistic fastening system
Custom- Gloves, Helmet liner, sleeve patches

Monte Cassino

Detail of helmet liner
Trousers, hat- DML
Grenade- TT
Custom- Scarf, cap insignia, collar and cap piping

Normandy

Smock- DiD
Helmet net- DML

Ardennes

bbi- MP44 and pouches
DiD- overcoat, toque

I unseccesfully tried dyeing the overcoat blue a few months ago, and it turned darker grey.

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
THanks guys...I realise its a late reply, but my computer crapped out on me again. I'm alwyas experimenting with repainting techniques to improve them as muc as I possibly can. In celebration of my 1 yr. anniv of repainting, I will have a tutorial posted ASAP.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
A really nice job of walking this one guy through most of the major fights the fallschirmjager took part in (did his luck at surviving include little or no duty in the East?). Like a super-SOLDAT set.
The M43 cap in the Monte Cassino shot suffers from height exaggeration - it seems like no one has come out with one in scale yet. DML nailed the scale with their recent yellow DAK cap, but the grey "wool" models seem to elude everyone's attempts.

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Awsome work!!
Danke.

A really nice job of walking this one guy through most of the major fights the fallschirmjager took part in (did his luck at surviving include little or no duty in the East?). Like a super-SOLDAT set.
The M43 cap in the Monte Cassino shot suffers from height exaggeration - it seems like no one has come out with one in scale yet. DML nailed the scale with their recent yellow DAK cap, but the grey "wool" models seem to elude everyone's attempts.
I didn't make any ostfront sections of this bash (forgot...dammit). I agree about the M43...it was the only hat that fit his large hed though besides the crusher, which is why I made the helmet liner. DML's was too small. Kurt seems to suffer from the same disease as Arno and Ansgar. But, hopefully toys city comes out with some LW M43's....their SS ones are good. If not, I can take all the oversized ones, and leach them out, use em for chef's hats :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.