One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
aNYthing
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this over at Militaryphotos.net

US soldiers from the 1st Battalion, 22nd Regiment of the 4th Infantry Division wait to leave their base in Tikrit, 180 Kilometers (110 miles) north of Baghdad, 06 January 2004. The US Army pledged to pull down a symbolic barbed wire fence around Saddam Hussein (news - web sites)'s birthplace in a move aimed at easing tensions with Iraqis as the White House reaffirmed its commitment to Iraq (news - web sites)'s territorial integrity after a transfer of power scheduled for June.(AFP/Jewel Samad)

Is that tan Strike plate carrier??

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
Saw a Company Commander of a Armor Battalion in the 4th ID
wearing a Woodland RACK on Fox on Sunday.
Could be a STRIKE and if so it was probably a private purchase by the soldier.
Its possible but I doubt that CIF is issuing STRIKEs to Regular Line Infantry so again, probably purchased by the individual soldier.

·
Registered
157 Posts
whats the pack on the fella second from left. Looks like a rifle bag, but he has an M16 already

·
not EchoBase Tung (Staff emeritus)
2,994 Posts
The one he is holding what looks like an SPR so it could possibly for that or the his other primary weapon.

Tung

·
Requiescat In Pace
7,095 Posts
Sniper rifle in the bag?

·
Requiescat In Pace
7,095 Posts
Yeah, they are really young.
It's a weird situation that you can fight for your country, but you can't buy yourself a drink when you get home.

·
Registered
157 Posts
nah, not the guy with the SPR and aerial sticking out of his pack. the guy inbetween him and the fella with the plate carrier.

My guess is M14 DMR

·
not EchoBase Tung (Staff emeritus)
2,994 Posts
These guys have a lot of non issued gear and I mean a lot heck and they aren't even SF. The guy with an SPR even has some type of different helmet harness. The guy on the right has a longer range scope on his m16a4. BHI chest harness, strike plate carrier. I didn't know that 4th ID were that liberal with gear.

Who are these guys really. Probably secret raccoons. ;-)

Tung

·
Stay Classy!
269 Posts
I saw this pic on Yahoo (at least I think it was Yahoo) and they were credited as being snipers from the 4th ID. Maybe that explains some of the extra kit, longer range scope, and the rifle bag on the on soldier's back.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I think the guy on the left has the 1,000 yard stare. God bless them!!

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Yeah, that's a bunch of guys that just want to come home. They're the best though. I miss hanging out with Joe. They're what holds the Army together.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts