One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This project is part of my Steampunk Mad Scientist Project. I needed a microscope for the lab. This is what I came up with and arrived UPS today!

Many of you sent me PM's on making stuff, I thought this would be a great way to show how "Ultra Frost Detail" material looks.

This model is in it's raw untouched form and will require minor touch-up sanding before priming. Keep that in mind when you see tiny fuzzy's and lines, the camera picks up things you cannot see with the naked eye.

Created in Autodesk Inventor Pro:
[/URL][/IMG]

3D printed, unmodified:

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Would love to hear you thoughts:popcorn Thanks for looking

I got in a few more 3D prints today, chime in if you want them posted:wink

For more specs on this model go here: https://www.shapeways.com/model/138...-1-6-scale.html?li=shop-results&materialId=61

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Mighty pretty work, Cad Rat. Sort of exquisite.

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Nice! Do you accept commissions at this time?

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
amazing job and details!

But do you mind me asking. Do you own a 3D printing machine or where did you print the microscope?
and how good the plastic material?
I do not own a printer. One to print this kind of detail is about $20k right now. In about a year there are a few coming out for About $5k that can come close to this, VERY close. Then I will purchase.

The material is called "Ultra Frost Detail" on Shapeways site. Right now it's the best affordable material available. It is pretty rigid and will not tolerate abuse. The thicker it is the stronger. The microscope needed detail before strength.

I currently use Shapeways service for printing, there are other at twice the bucks$

Here is a link to my shop on Shapeways, You can surf the site and check out the different material specs and deminsion minimums.
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/OneSixthWarehouse

Hope this helps.

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Just saw your ad for this item on eBay. Cool! ;)

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Your pulling my leg... I do not even have a eBay account!
Nope I ain't pulling your leg! As soon as I logged in to my account, the
graphic appeared on the lower left corner and the I clicked on it, then it took
me too your personal webpage, and I finally saw all your 3D artwork which
displayed all the thumbnails on all 3 pages. Really cool stuff you have on there!

If I decide to send you an image of an item I want to be rendered in 3D, what is
exactly do you require from me to get you started?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Looks really awesome, can't wait to see the painted version.
3D printing is advancing in leaps and bounds, can't wait for the day it can print in full colour that replicates all the paint jobs seen now, that would be crazy cool.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
The microscope turned out beautifully, a direct tribute to the guy who drew it up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts