1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
I have tremendous respect for some stylized figures (as opposed to "realistic") and I think DAM Gangster Kingdom and Original Effect / Army Attractive are some of the most interesting things being made right now, but purely as a personal thing I don't like the 3A so much. I like their style being applied to the Marvel characters even less. It's actually painful to me that we're getting "super-deformed" Marvel characters when there isn't an actual line like the new Sideshow DC line to do "straight," comic non-movie Marvel characters.

But I will concede that in the abstract this Doom is interesting looking, and maybe the armored characters (Doom and Shellhead) are more compatible with this kind of look.

·
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nipples on the breast plate and duck feet. Just....no :bag
:agree I don't know what the hell they were thinking with those (like the IM pixie boots) but the rest looks pretty cool, I love the lighting in the gaps of the armour. I've always been a Doom fan yet I've only been able to find two decent figures of him in 1/6, well one decent (Icons) and one passable (movie F4 one).

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
This is a discarded Doombot, built on a day that the Latverian workers were drunk or stoned.

And yet it’s still a better Dr Doom than in the Fantastic Four movie. :lol

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
:agree I don't know what the hell they were thinking with those (like the IM pixie boots) but the rest looks pretty cool, I love the lighting in the gaps of the armour. I've always been a Doom fan yet I've only been able to find two decent figures of him in 1/6, well one decent (Icons) and one passable (movie F4 one).
Doom opens my wallet like no other collectible - when I got the Sideshow Premium Exclusive I think @$400 is the most I'd ever paid for one collectible (mind you, the one on EBay right now is not the exclusive, it's chipped, and it's $2,700 Buy It Now).

Agree that the Movie Doom was passable (actually there were 2, a sculpted one and a cloth one, both 12") but I hate to admit that movie even exists. I think the Marvel Icons Doom was really terrific, being in armor cured most of the defects the Marvel Icons had, and made it one sculpted figure you could integrate with cloth ones.

·
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very random light-up armour.
Look closely there's more on the torso but doesn't show up well with the camera, besides it's just an early prototype. I really hope they change the feet.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Look closely there's more on the torso but doesn't show up well with the camera, besides it's just an early prototype. I really hope they change the feet.
Visually at least the lighting will look better once it stands out more with the armor dark gray and the cloak hunter green. It will still be stupid, and more TRON than Doom. And like the lighting on 3A Halo Carter, it will be frustratingly impossible to activate, and people will just give up on using it.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
The duck feet are pretty funny. The weird thing is the way the legs connect to the pelvis through some small tubing at a strange looking angle. He looks more like a Robot than a man in armor.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.