One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Cyber-Bully
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got my 10th Mountain Division Sniper today, and I've done the mods to him. I chopped the short barrel off the boxed M14 and added a long barrel one. I've read that EBRs in the US Army are converted older M14s in the Army arsenal, rather than new rifles, so within the Army it's much more common to see the long barrel. I swapped the ACU combat shirt with the jacket from the Special Forces sniper, and added an Interceptor with a mix of TS and HT pouches. The chest holster was from Very Hot Toys, and the M9 pistol is BBI.

Aside from that, everything else is from the boxed figure.

Parts list:
Everything from Hot Toys except:
ACE: Goggles
BBI: Thigh dump pouch, Interceptor vest, M9 pistol
Toy Soldier: Radio and Pouch, hydratioin pouch, medical pouch
Dragon: Hydration tube
Very Hot Toys: Chest holster

·
Cyber-Bully
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The EBR mod was less painful than I thought. I wouldn't have been comfortable with chopping it if I didn't start dabbling in plastic kits last year. This thing is going for a premium on E-bay, so if I messed up I was in a world of hurt. :X

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Now that's how the 10th Mtn sniper should have looked..FO SHOW!!!

I did the same thing to my EBR,just a day before HT announced the 4th weapon set with the proper EBR with dual barrell support.

·
Cyber-Bully
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now that's how the 10th Mtn sniper should have looked..FO SHOW!!!

I did the same thing to my EBR,just a day before HT announced the 4th weapon set with the proper EBR with dual barrell support.
Oh, I know. I was going to wait until the 4th set came out and forget about chopping this EBR, but in the end I didn't want to wait after all. I'd have to worry about getting a bipod for the weapon set one anyhow.

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Yeah, you just got to love it. Great bash! Actually, it would be nice to have a thread of people posting this guy in all the variation they have come up with. This is just one of those figures a lot of folks love. I really liked what you have done. I was not sure the 10th would have the RAV but you never know. Although I have seen a few guys in the 82nd wearing them. The interceptor looks more appropriate allowing with the long barrel. Looking good. I am working on converting mine. The short barrel version that came with this figure is primarily used by SEAL more then as a Designated Marksman Rifle by the conventional military.

BTW, the ERB is not so much of a conversion as a development modification done by SAGE as requested by the NSWG under USSOCOM. There is a lot of technology that went behind this development. In the year 2000 some east coast SEALs began searching for a more compact M14 for arctic warfare. The version that Hot Toys have given us with the 10th Mountain Sniper is the 2005 MK14 MOD 0 Chop Mod shorting the barrel from 13" to 11.25" to support CQB operations. The MK14 MOD 1 version adds a noise suppressor and CRANE butt stock. They are a very sexy looking weapon if there is such a thing.

What we are use to seeing is the Counter IED Long Range Precision Rifle M21A5/C-IED LRPR. Like every other OSW member, I cannot wait for HT to release series 4.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts