One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I'll Never Buy A Fem Fig!
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's another WIP. This guy's a two war veteran (Korea & Vietnam) and he's a platoon sergeant in the 25th ID early on in their time in Vietnam.

Needs weathering, patches and paint...

I love putting these guys together, but since I moved I don't have the workspace to paint very much, so I have a ton of WIP's and custom sewing jobs, but no means to finish anything! I also have to convince the wife that $50 for doll patches is a good investment...

Attachments

·
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The HS is a WWII DML figure...that narrows it down, don't it? It's a Pacific Marine and I think it's the one who was the flamethrower gunner. I can't remember the name.

I dug it because he looks like a seasoned NCO...he'll look much better when I can get E7 stripes on him and a few patches.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Great grunt NCO. Good to see your getting some productive bashing-time in.

USMCWayne had the best reply for a spouse who might not like the hobby. Think it was his mom (or maybe mom-in-law) who told the missus is was better than money spent on catting around or drinking (my translation). She said it far better, and bless her for it.

·
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The flak vest was from a very limited edition TS release. It came with the ROK soldier when TS introduced cloth M1956 gear and cloth jungle boots. I paid an arm and a leg for a few of those uniform sets, but it turned out to be a great deal in the end for the M1952 vests, which are made much better than the M69 vests they made.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts