One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Long time no see, and a great Marine. For a hobby that's taken a beating in some ways the last few years, it's great to see that enough good stuff has been done over the whole period to bash together a fine period figure.

·
Cool, I've got a title...
1,487 Posts
He looks pretty good but a minor nit, you might want to find the more subdued ripstop BDU's as ripstops didn't appear until after Urgent Fury. However the fact that you rolled his sleeves with the white out gets you bonus points...:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
During the early eighties, the Marines had poplin camo uniforms that resemble the BDU ripstop. But for more accuratecy, you should replace the jungle boots with black leather boots, blouse the trousers, and get rid of the Army first aid pouch. Great Job, really love the helmet.

·
Cool, I've got a title...
1,487 Posts
Thanks again. :)

@mikoyan: I´ve looked after "heavy weight" BDU´s. The only one without SF Pockets on the Jacket that i´ve found was from BBi but the pockets on the trousers are more than out of shape in my eyes.
If you can find them, the ones that came with the DML rangers don't look so much like ripstop.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.