One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
guys i recently got the 21stc firefighter and i want to make him into an LAFD firefighter. so i want to know where i can get decals for the 21stc fire helmet? do i have to go through patches of pride? also...how Does one remove and add new lettering on the back of the turnouts? i want to make him into an L.A.F.D. firefighter.

also does anybody know how to use clearcoat, and where i could get some? i want to complete a custom painted Matchbox size car, and repaint a sixth scale gun. but haven't the knowledge on how to make the paint shine.

also looking for advice on replacing his body. i think the neck is too small and maybe he could use gloved hands. and any advice on making a female teammate?

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
still need help with customizing him. here are some pics:

Yellow Helmet Rock-climbing equipment Gesture Safety glove

with his pike pole.

Outerwear Helmet Hard hat Yellow Workwear

the pic above hints at the lettering on the lower rear of his turnouts

Helmet Hard hat Toy Yellow Personal protective equipment

this pic shows his bare helmet side.

Outerwear Arm Helmet Workwear Sleeve

more of his pike pole

Outerwear Helmet Hazmat suit Safety glove Gas mask

using his radio

Helmet Gesture Yellow Hard hat Workwear

radio again

Any help is appreciated, on the lettering issue and on the helmet decals! THANKS!

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
also does anybody know how to use clearcoat, and where i could get some? i want to complete a custom painted Matchbox size car, and repaint a sixth scale gun. but haven't the knowledge on how to make the paint shine.
I am not sure where you are based, but you can usually find aerosol rattle-cans of gloss clearcoat in most hobby stores. That will probably be the easiest for you to use - simply spray it on and leave it to dry. It is best to spray from a distance of at least a foot away to to allow it to mist onto the car / rifle properly and avoid any heavy build-up or pooling of the lacquer. Failing this, you could also use a can of regular lacquer from the hardware store ... just be sure to ask them which brand dries clear without any colour cast. Alternatively, if you have an airbrush (though considering your question, I doubt you do), you can use floor polish. A lot of scale model builders swear by Future (aka Pledge) because it is cheap, readily available, and dries completely clear.

Whichever option you go for, I would suggest that you spray it on so as to avoid any brush strokes being visible.

I spray all of my custom rifles with a coat of clear when they are finished to protect the paintwork, although my preference is to use a matt clearcoat (dullcoat) to minimise any shine - which is generally not so desirable on a rifle, although it is exactly what you want for a car. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Go to the Patches of Pride website and see if they have a LAFD decal set. What you really need are the helmet decals, which Mark will custom make for you if they don't have a set. Youl'll need to send him a photo of a LAFD helmet with the numbering scheme on the side. I know that they have changed in the last two years, and look more like the LACoFD helmet decals now than the old style LAFD decals of when this set was first released. You might also want to replace the air pack with a Scott style air pack that came with any of the G.I. Joe fire fighters or the Top Jake and FDNY collectibles by Ertl.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.