One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I pay everything though paypal for this hobby and I knew I spent a lot this year, but I got a bit of a shock when I realized I had spent about $10,000.00 on this hobby from 1/6th scale items this year alone.

Now to be fair, I did buy the 25lbs gun and Limber from ArmourTek which cost about $2000. Then the Upgrade Kits from Dave at Armourpax was another $600 or so.

Then I spent about another $3000. at East Coast Armoury for parts for my upcoming Sherman build as well as finishing off my 1st sherman.

and lastly about another $1500. or so on making my CMP trucks etc.

The rest were heads, bodies and odds and ends...

So...how much did you support the hobby this past year....?

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Honestly... I try not to think about it. I keep all my receipts, but I don't add them up; if I did, I'd probably have to get out of the hobby again, as I know it is far more than I should be spending on it. I've been cutting back a bit here and there, but there's just so much cool stuff out there that it can be difficult.

·
OSW Member
2,257 Posts
Honestly... I try not to think about it. I keep all my receipts, but I don't add them up; if I did, I'd probably have to get out of the hobby again, as I know it is far more than I should be spending on it. I've been cutting back a bit here and there, but there's just so much cool stuff out there that it can be difficult.
-

:agree

·
Tiger I Info Center
1,045 Posts
I did not keep track of it but I know I spent several thousand. I spent over a thousand just in the past week. I'd probably hate to know how much I actually spent.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
I like to think I saved loads by turning cheap Hasbro "shampoo bottle" figures into proper 1/6 articulated figures :lol The HT Iron Man MKXLV and HT Ultron were the pricey figures this year but even those I bought loose at 2/3 of their regular prices.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Dunno for sure, but not near that much. Would've been much less if a few boxed figures hadn't been announced, and come to think of it, a number of those have not shipped, so even less in 2016. I found that in the last two quarters (at least), my spending on loose parts was almost nil. I'd have spent even less, were it not for E&S and some of our fellow members' custom pieces.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I tend to go with the measure of that which you enjoy, without doing harm to others.

·
Schizophrenic Modeler
4,735 Posts
I spent a fair amount on loose parts, maybe $1,000 or so, then about $400 on boxed figures. That may not be much when compared to some of you, but I'm on a budget, and sometimes I let my purchases get a little out of hand.

David

·
Registered
345 Posts
Way too much. I discovered the hobby about this time last year and went a little crazy buying tools. Lots of paint and fancy brushes, an air compressor + airbrush, solvents and sprays... and that's before I even start with the figures + custom heads/clothing.

Towards the end of 2016 I decided that unless I'm going to be painting or modifying the figure in some major way that I won't buy it. The fun for me is in the building and weathering, after that it just sits on a shelf as a reminder of how much I spent on it. At least if I built it myself there's a reason for all that expense... I can justify it to have it sitting on the shelf as a keepsake.

·
Registered
668 Posts
$400 or so on genuine 1:6 figures + bodies + parts, $500 if that Mattel She-ra doll counts as 1:6(got 2), $770 if those 12" giant-scale vintage MOTU figures also count(set of 6 + 1 spare to open)

That's not deducting parts and such I sold off though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts