One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Whatever Works, Dude
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing a 1/6 holiday-themed photo shoot for a few years now (mostly involving Phicen figures wearing Santa hats and not much else), and got a little more ambitious this year. But I figured now's as good a time as any to fire up a thread for everyone to jump in with their themed photos.

Had 2 different ideas, one which was planned and one which morphed into a Thing. The planned one started from wondering what I could use to substitute for a Christmas tree.

"Groot, what are you doing?!??" by Ed's Toy Box, on Flickr

"Groot, what are you doing?!??"

"I am Groot."

"So what if they asked you nice? I ask you for stuff nice all the time, you don't do things like this for me!"

The only thing missing in this shot from what I had envisioned in my head is a third figure I wanted to have walking in from the left...just didn't have enough background to fit her in.

"This is Embarrassing" by Ed's Toy Box, on Flickr

"This is Embarrassing"

"I am Groot."

"What do you mean, 'Get in the Christmas spirit?' What the hell is Christmas anyway?"

"Hold still, please. It's harder when you fidget."

"Oh my stars, he is just the CUTEST THING EVER!!!"

"...I hate this planet. No wonder Quill came from here."

Taking advantage of Rocket's grumpy expression. Should have angled his head downwards more but he's not an easy figure to pose if you want him to stay upright and not have extremities popping off him.

The other idea was more "Phicen with Santa hat" that turned into two Phicens with Santa hats and then into a Phicen Advent Calendar. I've been posting 1 per day on my Flickr account, and have enough to get to Day 24 between the two models above. It's enough of a pain that I don't think I'm going to post 'em all here until I'm finished (and they're going to have to end up in the Mature section anyway), but you can follow along on my 2016 Christmas album if you're so inclined.

So that's what I got. If you've got similar ideas, get 'em up here! And if you need help accessorizing (or were about to ask): 5-pack of Santa hats from OneSixthKit, though the darker red one is from the DAM Toys Jarhead figure that came out a few years ago.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
When Santa's taken ill... only one man can take his place, and become Santa for a day...

·
Whatever Works, Dude
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

"Ill Be Home for Christmas" by Ed's Toy Box, on Flickr

Dedicated to the men and women serving far from home this holiday season.

Last 1/6-themed holiday photo, created in response to the "Holiday Card" challenge also. Wanted to do something with a modern military figure (which I have more than a few of, and just don't shoot as much because they take too long to set up).

This was a pretty complicated photo to configure, which is all documented in the full Flickr album.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Vrjkgu.jpg
George and Kate wanted to show off their new clothes (which they got for Christmas because I'm too slow in finishing their uniforms lol).

Merry Christmas, everyone. Hope your holiday season is a good one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts