One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
uber noob assembler
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got back from a SoCal vacation and Vegas, flying out later one back to SF. Boy was it a fun filled time off from work. As i've mentioned before on other threads, it was an amazing experience for me to meet the fellas in this forums, good friends, and made new ones. The event itself is something else, meeting the vendors and other enthusiasts for the hobby really is the most important thing of the event. Good times have been had by all, and then the gear and parts from the shopping and generosity of other members were just added bonusses to this magnificent 1/6 event. Hope to attend many more of these down the line.

First off, thank you very much to a good friend of mine, who was kind enough to pick me up from LAX, take me to EBT, and then took me to one heck of a steakhouse buffet. Brazilian steakhouses are the bomb. I sincerely appreciate the time and effort bud.

***Pardon the pics if its a bit blurry, was taking these pics from my phone***

This place was like a 1/6 Disneyland, met Tung and Nan again, and was nice to finally meet Alan (TS owner) who was in store at the time.

·
uber noob assembler
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
EBT hooters party on Friday night, thank you so much EBT for the continued support, , good times, good food, nice waiteresses, raffles and giveaways, thank you and may you continue to bring the community together with such events.

Armand getting warmed up:)

OSW member fan club

oh and a pic of one of the waitress

·
uber noob assembler
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Finally back in the bay area, and luckily, no hassles from the airport security, anywyas, on with the pics.

The SHOW!!!

OSW booth with EPT, R6, and Joebros

Signed banner

Sawgunner, EPT, and Farve4ever....BOB Edwin!!!!

LG2 before the Saturday night shindig

shot with the calendar girls

Oscar in full gear

shot with Corranj

oh can't get enough of these fine women (to Tung, please have them serve us next year at the party;) they were really nice, i mean really friendly:p)

·
uber noob assembler
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Contest entries, WW2 chow line diorama, and now the famous OSW diorama...Armand, we all bow down to you for a job well done, i hope the figures displayed on your magnificent work did it justice, and like Aaron said, telepone lines? WTF? its got telephone lines? and that shot up Saddam wall was nice though i was on my way out when it was done...again great work my friend. Very well done. And to all that contributed to the dio, contest entries, job well done to all of you as well.

Contest entries (sorry was not able to take pics of all of 'em)

WWII German chow line

OSW diorama

·
uber noob assembler
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Had dinner at Gauchos, another Brazilian BBQ buffet steakhouse, never had so much meat..good place, and tried to snap a pic of a brazilian carnaval dancer, well it was the main purpose why we picked out this place for dinner:p (Admins, feel free to edit this pic/post if its not appropriate).

After show gathering at EBT, hung out til like almost 2am, good times spent with great folks in the hobby.

Armand...during the Saturday night shindig...no he was not loud at all :p

·
uber noob assembler
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Oh and some bonus stuff i got from the weekend

Thanks to Azteca, EBT, Toywarriors, Toyrrific, Unitoyzone, RWC, Corranj, Docholiday666, 38oliver, cgflmedic, for all the hook ups, free gear, gifts, parts, etc etc...You guys are the best, and thank you so much!!!!

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
Looks like a good time for all :thumb

I always look forward to these type of pics, get to see the wide variety of cool people who make up this hobby.

And I can't think of a better job than to work in a place like EBT!!! Now how cool would that be? Get to help people with and hang around 1/6 all day long! My dream job right there.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
^ Ditto Tatuued1 :sadface

Wow, so thats what EBT looks like inside. Oh man that looks like a stateside mecca for some of us. ;) Like some of the others I'd probably spend all day in the shop just to come back the next morning and finish the next aisle :p

Thanks for the cool pictures so far, good to hear you had fun at the Hooters EBT party as well. Major props to EBT for pulling you guys together for this awesome annual event in addition to their BBQ gatherings.

Thanks also for the pictures to come, we look forward to them :D

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Nice job on the EBT pics, you caught the close-packed, hi-speed feel of the place. How did I miss the part on the window about Comics ? They have comics ????

·
uber noob assembler
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Glad you liked the pics fellas, yes EBT was amazing, which is why i came back Saturday night when they invited OSW members to hang out, do some midnight shopping and stuff, brew, good talk, nice company, and just having a good time with the guys. For all of you who didn't make it, as a first timer, i highly recommend you should make it to the next year's show...you won't be disappointed, all the negativity that people have so repeatedly pointed out about past shows should not discourage you. Have no expectations, just go to "experience" it, and the trip would be worth it, as long as you have the right purpose for the show, then you shouldn't worry about not having a good time.

·
Pimpin' ain't easy
4,169 Posts
Looks like a good time was had by all, wish I could have been there. Thanks for sharing your pics Don!

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
azteca point blank

hey migo glad you got home safely and had a great time with all your fello members for us a big experience in the show it was great had funn and enjoy all you guys best wishes to all from point blank toys andy mike andy jr and oscar my other associate thanx for the support

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.