One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well....there not really new...the sculpts arent, at least. The paint is. I did some paint experimenting on both of them, Trust me when I say it, my camera does no justice for these repaints, it kinda messed up the actual color of them. They look alot better on my desk.

Oh yeah....I forgot to mention. I now have dullcote. My camera just has a really bad habit of picking up every single reflection it can find.

Ludwig Mandel. I did new experiments (with new brushes) for painting skintone without brush-strokes. He'd make a good Russian...but...I'm going to make him another German (I'm not makign a russian until my MG squad is done...)

Dieter Voss, again. I did some shading experiments, and also fooled around with detailing the hair.

so, what do you think of them (good and bad...)

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They look great, I wish I could do that.
thanks. All repainting takes is a bit of practice, steady hands, and risking a perfectly fine sculpt to remove the paint from. I posted a tutorial sometime ago, but it needs to be slightly updated. If you want (and anybody else interested) feel free to contact me, and I;ll give out free tips (i;m too lazy to make a new tutorial, its about 18 trips back and forth just for a picture, sometime 10 pictuers if the camera doesnt focus)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Very nice... I'd love to find out about some of your methods... Really like the Dieter Voss HS... The hair is great! Especially for blond.. Again, any tips would be great!

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Like 'em,

You're getting really good at doing eyes. It took me ages to get a pic of my Daniel Craig that I liked. I went with natural skintones and they didn't photograph quite as well as I wanted them to.

CHEERS!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.