One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
MAJOR LEAGUE INFIDEL
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first Marine bash. I decided not to use a GiJoe this time. :wideyes I decided to go ahead and use my DML Navy Seal "Steve" figure instead. Enjoy the pics because it was hot as hell outside.

Parts Breakdown
DML:
Steve HS
Body
USMC MARPAT
Coyote Brown Interceptor Armor
Woodland Buttpack
Woodland Pouch
Goggle dust cover
Oakley Sunglasses
Gas mask pouch
M9
MICH Helmet

BBi:
Kneepads
M4/M203
M-16 Coyote Brown pouches
Boots
Holster
Camel Back
Coyote brown Large pouch

GiJoe:
Radio w/pouch

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
Thanks for braving the heat and giving us all these wonderful outdoor pics.. Great figure you have there.. :thumb

Hi Cpl Ho, i think the USMC grunts are slowly switching over to M4s too as M16s are slowly being phased out but i could be wrong too.. :lol

·
Cyber-Bully
956 Posts
There's photos of Marines with M4s that aren't Force Recon or what not, so it isn't unrealistic for him to have an M4. How prevalent they are, I don't know.

Note that in this pic here(56k warning, High Res), the two Marines in the middle, one of them is clearly packing an M4, and the other is clearly packing an M16: http://www.arcent.army.mil/cflcc_today/2008/march/images/mar12_13/12_06.jpg

On the figure itself, looking awesome! I didn't know Hasbro did a radio like that. Which fig did it come from?

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
Hmmm... Ok, I agree there's a possibility for a Marine to be armed with the M4... but as the following article suggests, I don't think the USMC will b replacing their M16s anytime soon! :ar15
http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/the-usas-m4-carbine-controversy-03289/
Hi Cpl Ho, with all due respect, i just read the article and it seemed that the DoD is actually slanting towards the M4 as the primary weapon even though there are calls from the SF community to adopt the HK 416 or SCAR.

While some of the tests has shown the M16 is more reliable but if the DoD decides to stock up on M4s and stopped purchasing M16s, wouldn't it be a given fact that soon most of the existing M16s will be eventually replaced by M4s ?

Of course, i will prefer a FAMAS anytime.. :lol

To : Daniel Prado, apologies for going out of topic on your thread regarding the use of M16 or M4..

·
What should I bash today?
4,267 Posts
Hi Cpl Ho, with all due respect, i just read the article and it seemed that the DoD is actually slanting towards the M4 as the primary weapon even though there are calls from the SF community to adopt the HK 416 or SCAR.

While some of the tests has shown the M16 is more reliable but if the DoD decides to stock up on M4s and stopped purchasing M16s, wouldn't it be a given fact that soon most of the existing M16s will be eventually replaced by M4s ?

Of course, i will prefer a FAMAS anytime.. :lol

To : Daniel Prado, apologies for going out of topic on your thread regarding the use of M16 or M4..
I think the DoD is referring to the US Army, not USMC... Ok, I'm not an expert on this issue, just giving DP some comments... Apologies to him too... :erm

1 - 18 of 18 Posts