One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Resident Kalashnikov nut!
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Janos Mesz,one of the most colorful characters of the ill-fated Hungarian Revolt of 1956.He was born in 1931 to a workers family and lost his leg in an accident when run over by a suburban train. In 1956 he joined the "Corvinites"
and proved to be an fine gunner,commanding his groups artillery. He was was wounded in the head when his anti-tank gun was hit. This bash shows him after the attack,when his jaw was bandaged. He was mortally woulded on 4 November,1956 and died shortly thereafter. Today,a wooden memorial can be seen on the side of the Corvin Street cinema. The bottom pic shows the real Janos Mesz,from the Osprey Publishing "The Hungarian Revolution 1956"

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Great bash and looks spot on to the ref pic.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Very interesting and colourful character, and great bit of history. Very cool bash.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
He stands out even amid the common heroics of the Hungarian people in those days.

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
Damn cool figure of a very deserving subject. Nice work, Comrade Krechet!

·
Danish Special Forces
988 Posts
Fine bash and very interesting back history. Great job.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hopefully I'll have him finished soon.... are you planning to do any other subjects from the book? There are some great bashing ideas in it aren't there ? I'm tempted to do "Mr Bowlerhat" or one of the women insurgents too!! (and it's a fascinating read too - a bit of history I knew little about!!)

·
Resident Kalashnikov nut!
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hopefully I'll have him finished soon.... are you planning to do any other subjects from the book? There are some great bashing ideas in it aren't there ? I'm tempted to do "Mr Bowlerhat" or one of the women insurgents too!! (and it's a fascinating read too - a bit of history I knew little about!!)
I am contemplating doing a few other bashes inspired by the book.
"Mr Bowlerhat" and a female insurgent would be at the top of the list.
I found this at MD,and would help with other,un-named fighters...

http://www.monkeydepot.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=13120&HS=1

http://www.monkeydepot.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=13118

·
Registered
366 Posts
I saw those too - got a set of each on order - I think there might be an influx of Hungarians soon!! (partisan type bashes are some of my favourite subjects!!) Looking forward to seeing what you come up with..
Cheers
Greg

·
Registered
164 Posts
Bash looks great! He's a badass in a devil-may-care sort of way.

Very nice, and as many mentioned, a nice piece of little known but extremely interesting history.

I got interested in hungarian war stories after reading the novel "The Company" (very good book), not just the '56 revolt but their fighting spirit and uniqueness throughout history. Amazing people!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts