One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I wonder if this inspired the storyline on the CSI series, where similar, very detailed models were being sent to the crime lab, by a serial killer?

What a remarkable person, to have risen above her life's constraints, to employ her briliance.

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
Interesting read, thank for posting it.

Buy coincidence, a couple of weeks back I watched an episode of Father Brown called "The Smallest of Things" which included crime scene models -

Father Brown attends an exhibition of Agnes Lesser's dioramas of murder scenes, which have helped the police solve crimes. She is also seeking his, and other guest's, help to ascertain how exactly her mother died ten years earlier and has constructed a model to depict it, believing her fall downstairs was no accident. Chief inspector Webb, who investigated the death, is murdered after taking something from the diorama and his arch enemy Mallory is arrested. However Father Brown believes that the discovery of the stolen item will lead to discovering both motive and a double killer.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Fascinating, brilliant use of modeling skills to an unexpected real-world purpose. It also reminds me of the intriguing story of how the Duke of Wellington set out to destroy the poor man who made an accurate scale model of the Battle of Waterloo that revealed gaps and inconsistencies in the "official story" of the Battle. Review: Wellington's Smallest Victory by Peter Hofschroer | Books | The Guardian ; Waterloo bicentenary: A miniature re-creation of the battle that Wellington never wanted made is being restored to mark the 200th anniversary | The Independent

1 - 7 of 7 Posts