One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I know, steps back in amazement, Roger has actually finished a bash!!

This is one I'd always wanted to do but never seemed to have the time or ingredients, till now that is. I'd had the head and neck from the Advanced TT for years, but never really knew what to do with it. Then, I got the Treasure Hunter head, and the first thing I swapped out was the hat, it just wasn't right for Indy at all. One day, while a bit bored, I looked at the ATT head and wondered what the Treasure Hunter hat would look like on it. I tried it on him and "Bing!" it worked! I finally had the head and hat combo for the 1930's hood that I'd always wanted to do. I had the outfit, the Character Toys Dalek Sec suit, but, I didn't think I had a weapon or a body. Then, I remembered that I had a spare Subway body from Jack hanging about. The suit fitted it perfectly and the supplied boots worked too. Now for the weapon... Ah hah, the Browning from the SSC Indy! It was in period too!

Ta dah:

Always wanted one, now I have one! Nowhere to put him though, LOL! I'll find somewhere for him when I move.....

Happy days!

CHEERS!

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Congratulations on finishing a bash, Roger! And nicely done! It does fit for the time period you went for. I have the same TTM16 with the Dominic Purcell head and never quite knew what to do with it. It is still in my loose HT box with a pair of jeans and a wife-beater on and a shotgun, looking like the quintessential *******. What a difference a suit makes! Your bash makes him look so much more sophisticated. Must be the whole British thing. :)

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Nicely put together, Roger. He could easily be a film noir antihero as well, maybe going after John Smith in Walter Hill's 'Last Man Standing'.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Looks great, is perfectly in period. I've always thought of that Dalek Hybrid suit as a bit comical because of its original setting, but on your guy, it's serious, period-accurate and threatening. Sculpt and hat work perfect for this too.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys,

I thought of him as a guy that hadn't quite made it. The suit isn't his, hence the sleeves and he can't get his hands on the posh shoes. It's odd how some of the better ones we do are the ones that take minutes as opposed to months.

I do fancy doing a Logan, but the stars aren't quite aligned yet..

CHEERS!

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Hot damn...

That's a really good-looking build, Roger. Love the suit.

Thank you for showing it to us

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Thanks guys,

I thought of him as a guy that hadn't quite made it. The suit isn't his, hence the sleeves and he can't get his hands on the posh shoes. It's odd how some of the better ones we do are the ones that take minutes as opposed to months.

I do fancy doing a Logan, but the stars aren't quite aligned yet..

CHEERS!
It's wonderful when there's that kind of thought going into a bash. That's real character building -- the same way an actor has to know the back story and subtext of his character even when it's not in the dialogue.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Another miracle getting two figures done within a year no less! :wink What do you mean you had no time? You were taking your PC apart again weren't you? :wink Great use of parts, love that sculpt of Dominic Purcell, got it on my custom Roman Gladiator Scissor/Secutor. Have you watched DC's Legends Of Tomorrow? There's an episode where Purcell (Rory) is dressed as a 1930's (or 50's) gangster! You might want to weather the Browning .45 (Colt 1911) on the edges a bit as their blueing wasn't very good.

Although he does wear the cowboy hat a bit better!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts