One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· 1:6 Acquisitionist
13,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See subject.

The Lanard Toys 18" KONG figure is on clearance at WALMART stores for $19.00 USD. It makes a great 1:6 prop or for customization (i.e. Gorilla Grodd).

In addition, some WALMART stores may have received the new assortment of RAMPAGE (2018) figures and play sets based on the upcoming film that is an adaption of the classic arcade game.

The only offerings from this line is the 18" "George" (white ape) figure along with the largest sized "Lizzie" (alligator/crocodile) and "Ralph" (wolf) play set that would work well as 1:6 props and/or for customization. 18" George is $20.00 USD and the others are $15.00 USD each.

I purchased the 18" KONG, 18" "George", and "Lizzie" and "Ralph" (the largest size). I hope to free them from their box/package and take some photos with 1:6 figures for size comparison/contrast.

I'm planning to pick up more of the 18" KONG, 18" "George", and "Lizzie" and "Ralph". I got an idea for an absurd 1:6 diorama/photo story featuring a bevy of 1:6 scantily clad PHICEN/TBLeague female seamless figures and 1:6 military figures.

"Gorillas, Lizards, & Wolves . . . OH, MY . . ."

--

· Web Research Junkie
1,606 Posts
I have seen Kong on sale at my local Wally World for the last 2 months or so. Since the first time I saw it I thought he would make a perfect Gorilla Grod, Conggorilla or Monkey Man from Monkey Man and Obrien.

13,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Though the KONG: SKULL ISLAND toys came out early last year prior to the film, I did pick a few of this set at the time. About $15.00 USD.

I purchased it for the larger arachnid.

I wish I could have picked up more. From what I can tell, this was the popular/sought after play set compared to the others.

13,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
These seem to be a fun line of toys, I used to play the game way back in the day, crazy to see a movie being made out of it after all these years!
--

No kidding.

The only thing they're keeping from the game is the title and a very loose concept from the game with some modern updating.

In the arcade game, all the creatures were previously human. In the film, all the creatures were previously normally sized (i.e. silver back gorilla, crocodile, and wolf) until something happened.

As preposterous as the film's story line is . . . I admit I'm likely going to see it just for personal edification.

· Registered
1,296 Posts
--

No kidding.

The only thing they're keeping from the game is the title and a very loose concept from the game with some modern updating.

In the arcade game, all the creatures were previously human. In the film, all the creatures were previously normally sized (i.e. silver back gorilla, crocodile, and wolf) until something happened.

At preposterous as the film's story line is . . . I admit I'm likely going to see it just for personal edification.
I will likely catch it on cable at some point myself, it looks like a fun little popcorn flick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.