One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1/6 saddles
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Birthday Marines! Years ago I began utilizing 3D modeling and 3D printing to develop those unique items that are not mass produced by the Figure companies. Back in Boot Camp there was a museum of old Marine uniforms and ever since seeing them I became fascinated with USMC history. Its taken me a while to get this far but I am still plugging away. Life gets in the way and your priorities change.
Finally, my Civil War 1859 Marine has shown up. He is one of 3000 who were authorized to by Congress in 1861 to serve aboard ship and Naval Sea ports. Compared to the Army's 500,000 troops, the Marines saw limited lang engagements. They appeared at the Battle of Bull Run and Manassas and led a charge on Fort Fisher. Marines did prove themselves in many ways during the Civil War but their valor and fame in battle was yet to come.
The frock coat is double breasted with 2 rows of 3D Marine buttons. The shako or helmet is all 3D printed except for the leather. The cross belts are custom made with brass belt plates. The ammo box, cap pouch and bayonet are from BGT. The uniform is made by Men of old Yore. I added all the uniform details, including the shoulder epaulets. I cant remember where the 1861 musket came from, probably DID. I hope to produce several more Marines but i said that years ago. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I love how you're bringing this under represented period of American military history to life with your amazing figures and their presentation. So look forward to everything you produce and thanks very much for sharing it with us.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts